56 replies to this topic

#1 acuevas

acuevas

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:00 AM

Hi,

Does anybody know if Aquatica is thinking about producing a 45 Viewfinder?

I think that for some types of diving the 45 viewfinder is very useful, like cave diving and wreck diving where you must be in an horizontal position almost all the time.
I really would like to know if Aquatica has made a decision or not about it.
Regards
Andres Cuevas

Nikon D7000, Tokina 10-17, Aquatica AD7000, Aquatica Mini Dome, 2xInon Z-240 type 4.
flickr

#2 AndyC

AndyC

Wolf Eel

• Team Wetpixel
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

I hope they do. I would order one immediately.
I used 45 degree prism finders professionally on Hasselblads and Bronica's for years and found them superior in many ways to horizontal finders. I use a Aquatica AD90 housing (which I love). In my UW photography, there are many times when I wish I could buy an Aqua view 45 degree finder.

Here's hoping,

Andy.

#3 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Guy's you read my mind, I was discussing this project with engineering and sort of poking them on when we can expect this get moving, the answer I got is, early in the new year as soon as the assembly line are rolling with the new housing and products released recently,

We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :D

Edited by Viz'art, 02 December 2010 - 11:41 AM.

Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#4 acuevas

acuevas

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Guy's you read my mind, I was discussing this project with engineering and sort of poking them on when we can expect this get moving, the answer I got is, early in the new year as soon as the assembly line are rolling with the new housing and products released recently,

Good to know that we are synchronized. :P

We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :P

Come on people, back to work!!! :D
Regards
Andres Cuevas

Nikon D7000, Tokina 10-17, Aquatica AD7000, Aquatica Mini Dome, 2xInon Z-240 type 4.
flickr

#5 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

We have some additional engineering staff starting to work with us starting January, some thing about the existing staff not having enough sleeping time or being overworked or what not, by golly, we give them a full 3 hours off per day, installed army bunks, a cupboard full of canned goods and a Johny on the spot in the office, hell! we even found lovers to keep their girlfriend happy, what more they want from us!!! :D

Try Poutine. LOL
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#6 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Try Poutine. LOL

Now you lost the readers, doubtfull that but a handfull of member would know what poutine is, suffice to say that the Exxon Valdez was never as greasy as this french delicacy is. just looking at the menu will block an artery :D

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#7 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Jean, I'll have one thanks. It's been promised for years.. since at least 2006!

Darren Jew  |  Australia  |  darrenjew.com  |  fotofrenzy.com.au

Canon EOS1Dx   |   EOSM   |   Nauticam  |   Inon Z240

#8 karant

karant

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:scubadiving, underwater photography, biking, hiking, running, adventure travel

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

I want one too, PLEASE!

Thanks,
Kathryn

#9 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1538 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Jean, I'll have one thanks. It's been promised for years.. since at least 2006!

The finder or the poutine? :D

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#10 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10642 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

I've used the Inon 45 viewfinder with an adapter from Backscatter on the Aquatica A5D2 for the 5D2 review. I liked it so much I bought the viewfinder and a couple of the adapters from them.

Poutine, on the other hand, I didn't like at all.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#11 JimG

JimG

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Photography - underwater and avian, natural history

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:07 AM

I'll second Drew's comments - I did the same as him and bought the Inon 45 degree VF and adapter from the same source. Have used it a few months now on my Aquuatica and it really works a treat.

Jim Greenfield - Canon 5D Mark 3/Aquatica
My Web Site

#12 photovan

photovan

Great White

• 979 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

BUMP.

How's this project going Jean? :)

Darren Jew  |  Australia  |  darrenjew.com  |  fotofrenzy.com.au

Canon EOS1Dx   |   EOSM   |   Nauticam  |   Inon Z240

#13 aussie

aussie

Tiger Shark

• 544 posts
  • Interests:Diving - most weekends, music, photography

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Maybe Jean's now spending less time on wetpixel as he's been moved to help out on the production line as well?
Pedlow Photographics
My Flickr
On Twitter

Canon EOS 7D. Aquatica A7D. Inon Z240's. Canon, Tokina and Sigma glass.

#14 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

Maybe Jean's now spending less time on wetpixel as he's been moved to help out on the production line as well?

Well, yeah, it's kinda busy these days around here (BTW in case AussieByron / Mark is listening, we are way, way past serial number #008 on the AD7000 :D )

I swung by the engineering office this morning and noticed a big pile of glass elements and prism on their desk, and knowing Aquatica does not have any plans of going into the binoculars business ;) ;) , I would say it's safe to tell you that this is definitely an active project. :D

Edited by Viz'art, 02 May 2011 - 06:40 AM.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#15 manatee19

manatee19

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:U/W photo columnist and contributor to Diver Magazine (Vancouver) and En Profondeur magazine (Montreal), multimedia production.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

Well, yeah, it's kinda busy these days around here (BTW in case AussieByron / Mark is listening, we are way, way past serial number #008 on the AD7000 ;) )

I swung by the engineering office this morning and noticed a big pile of glass elements and prism on their desk, and knowing Aquatica does not have any plans of going into the binoculars business ;) ;) , I would say it's safe to tell you that this is definitely an active project. :D

Only problem is that the Government screwed their work schedule with an election today. So, available date is D+1.... :D

Michel

PS: I also suspect Jean was in the UK last week... there was a wedding he had to attend I think ...
Michel Gilbert
www.sub-images.com

#16 betti154

betti154

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

I'd certainly like to get my hands on one of these 45 degree viewfinders. I've been thinking one of these would be very nice for a while now, though haven't actually used one :D

Jean, I'll happily help with user testing if you want?
Damien Siviero
Canon 5DmkIII + 7D. Aquatica Housing. Ikelite + Inon Strobes. Canon + Tokina Glass.
http://damiensiviero.com

#17 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

What I think would be very nice is if the upcoming Aquatica 45 degree finder had a diopter adjustment feature that you could adjust underwater. Adjusting the diopter on land, in air doesn't really make good sense if you are going to use the finder underwater. Underwater adjustment, which the Nauticam 180 degree finder has allows you to adjust the view based on just how your eyes are seeing things that day, that dive. And allows you to share your camera with another person. And although certain Wetpixel members prefer not to allow anyone else to touch their gear, others of us are more sharing.

An underwater diopter adjustment would also be something that would make the viewfinder much more user friendly for gear rental companies and for those teaching underwater photo courses. I bought Nauticam 180 degree viewfinders and adapted them to my Seacam housings primarily because they had this adjustment possibility. And I will switch to Aquatica 45 degree finders, or another brand, if they have such an adjustment and can be adapted, too.

Fred

#18 acuevas

acuevas

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

Well, yeah, it's kinda busy these days around here (BTW in case AussieByron / Mark is listening, we are way, way past serial number #008 on the AD7000 :D )

I swung by the engineering office this morning and noticed a big pile of glass elements and prism on their desk, and knowing Aquatica does not have any plans of going into the binoculars business :) ;) , I would say it's safe to tell you that this is definitely an active project. ;)

Do you have news about the 45 viewfinder Jean?
Regards
Andres Cuevas

flickr

#19 onewolf

onewolf

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Boating, Diving, Fishing, Photography, Kayaking

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

What I think would be very nice is if the upcoming Aquatica 45 degree finder had a diopter adjustment feature that you could adjust underwater. Adjusting the diopter on land, in air doesn't really make good sense if you are going to use the finder underwater. Underwater adjustment, which the Nauticam 180 degree finder has allows you to adjust the view based on just how your eyes are seeing things that day, that dive. And allows you to share your camera with another person. And although certain Wetpixel members prefer not to allow anyone else to touch their gear, others of us are more sharing.

An underwater diopter adjustment would also be something that would make the viewfinder much more user friendly for gear rental companies and for those teaching underwater photo courses. I bought Nauticam 180 degree viewfinders and adapted them to my Seacam housings primarily because they had this adjustment possibility. And I will switch to Aquatica 45 degree finders, or another brand, if they have such an adjustment and can be adapted, too.

Fred

See this message thread: http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=42097

(Primary) Nauticam 550D, Canon T2i, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 100mm IS, Tokina 10-17FE, Zen 100mm domeport, Nauticam 180deg viewfinder, Dual S&S YS-110a, SOLA 600 focus light, Dual AOI RGBlue video lights, GoPro Hero 2

(Backup) Olympus E-PM1, PT EP-06, Olympus 14-42 II, Olympus 60mm macro

--- Visit My Website ---

#20 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Do you have news about the 45 viewfinder Jean?

Si aye, we are working on it still, progress is definitely made and it looks good, it shouldn't be long before I have something to show you guy's. I, for one, am looking forward to add one to my macro setup ;).

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca