my name is Guido and I'm totally new to this forum. I've been advised to ask my questions in the forum by a semi professional diver and under water photographer.
Well, my wife and I are visiting the tropical regions for snorkeling since a few years. Last years we visited the maldives and bought a very cheap underwater camera with built in film there and took some shots. I think we don't have to speak about the quality of these photos.
At our home I'm photographing analog in 6x6. But, I don't want to take this equipment with me during vacation.
Therefore we decided to buy a further camera which will allow us to take under water photos too - using a special case/box around the camera itself.
Because I'd like to do the post processing myself and I'm a little bit spoiled form my off water equipment the new camera should fulfill the following requirements because it will be used out of water also.
Well, these are my requirements:
- No DSLR because it's to big. Better a smaller compact digital camera
- under water case / housing must be available for it
- should have an optical view finder and
a small LCD display at its back
- relatively small and low weight
- fully automatic and manual mode (time/exposure free selectable)
- metering: spot and surroundings (automatically and manual choice)
- wide angle to tele zooming lenses
- data format: raw format available (=> direct import to photoshop), i.e. not JPEG only
- may be built in flash
I think these are the "must haves" for first. Any idea/suggestions what to buy?
Many thanks for now!
Edited by GuidoW, 23 November 2008 - 04:12 AM.