• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10629 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:12 AM

Archipelago Expeditions, operator of the Adventurer II, will cease operations as of Dec 20th 2010. The Adventurer II hit a reef and was written off last month and the subsequent replacement, the Sea Safari III, also hit a reef and sank 11 days ago. Those who have trips booked etc can garner further information here:

http://www.archipelago-fleet.com/

I'd like to extend my condolences to the staff and crew of the Archipelago group and wish them the best of luck in their new endeavors.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 shawnh

shawnh

Shawk Man

• Senior Moderator
  • 1398 posts
  • Interests:UW Video, UW Photography Diving, Telemark Skiing, Cycling, Travel

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Very very sad.
Canon 5D MII - Aquatica Housing - Sola 4000 Lights - Wahoo HD Monitor & Sony EX1 - Gates EX1 Housing - Fathoms UWA Lens
www.bluespheremedia.com

#3 lonelycat

lonelycat

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

Archipelago Expeditions, operator of the Adventurer II, will cease operations as of Dec 20th 2010. The Adventurer II hit a reef and was written off last month and the subsequent replacement, the Sea Safari III, also hit a reef and sank 11 days ago. Those who have trips booked etc can garner further information here:

http://www.archipelago-fleet.com/

I'd like to extend my condolences to the staff and crew of the Archipelago group and wish them the best of luck in their new endeavors.

Is Maluku Divers under Archipelago Expeditions? If so, is it also affected? Thanks!

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:21 AM

They are separate companies, and Maluku is still operating.

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com