Just a quick beam angle comparison we did a few days ago:
Interested in your impressions of the tests since you guys did them and have obviously doing lots of pixel-peeping at the original versions of each image. This is what I'm seeing, tell me if I'm missing something:
- The YS-250's are the brightest, followed by the Subtronic, then the Z-240, then the DS-160.
- The Z-240 is quite hot in the center of the pattern
- The DS-160 has the most "even" pattern
- The Z-240 has some irregularities (striping) on the edges of the beam
- The Subtronic seems to also have a very even pattern with a little hot-spotting in the middle.
- Can't tell too much from this image, but the Subtronic and DS-160 both seem warmer in color temperature than the YS-250 and Z-240
Surprising how bright the Z-240 is -- I've always thought they were more comparable in power to a DS-125, this obviously isn't so.
I'm assuming your tests were done with each strobe using their standard diffuser and a full dump?
Edited by johnspierce, 06 October 2012 - 11:47 AM.