• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

There is a thread going for AA Batteries but I wasn't able to find very current information on chargers that everyone recommends. What chargers do you like for home use? Travel? Something that works well for both?

Edited by focker, 24 December 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1498 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

There is a thead going for AA Batteries but I wasn't able to find very current information on chargers that everyone recommends. What chargers do you like for home use? Travel? Something that works well for both?

For home or travel, I think the LaCrosse are quite nice, control of the charging current and full recondition cycles also available. The power cord is a brick though and for travel I also use the Maha 4 cell chargers. Never a problem with them.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#3 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

I think lots of people like the Maha chargers. I prefer taking two 4cell chargers for redundancy.
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1498 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

I think lots of people like the Maha chargers. I prefer taking two 4cell chargers for redundancy.

And you have a very slick setup.
Merry Christmas
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net