2 replies to this topic

#1 littlemermaid

littlemermaid

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Too many

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Well I know there is a lot of excitement over the newest Nikon D7000 as well as the Nauticam housing, but after having my D300s for almost a year I decided to buy a housing and all the do-dads. Let me just say, it rocks!!!! Know what else rocks? Optical Ocean Sales owner Jack Connick...best customer service and product pricing. Within an hour of placing the order, I got a phone call and great advice on other things I might need. Plus tons of email replies to my questions (including late at night and on weekends).

Anyways, finally got the baby in the water last weekend and despite being a tad heavy on the surface, it is so ergonomic and easy to use underwater. The whole system was such an upgrade from my old one that is will be a steep learning curve. The Zen 100mm mini dome is very different from having a big port, but will be a lot of fun to play around with. Still figuring out the Inon Z-240's but as anyone who has them already knows, they are powerful and come in a small package. Also really like the new i-DAS arms and still waiting on my L&M Sola 600 to test out my macro skills.

Whether you are considering housing an old or new camera, I would highly recommend Optical Ocean Sales...and if you aren't sure about Nauticam housings, I have been very impressed with ease of use and functionality.

Happy Holidays!

E Rowe
E

#2 Alex_Tattersall

Alex_Tattersall

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Good news, enjoy and look forward to seeing some shots soon!
www.flickr.com/photos/alextattersall

www.nauticamuk.com
www.uwvisions.com
Exclusive official importer of Nauticam products into the UK and Ireland

#3 Cp

Cp

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

Well I know there is a lot of excitement over the newest Nikon D7000 as well as the Nauticam housing, but after having my D300s for almost a year I decided to buy a housing and all the do-dads. Let me just say, it rocks!!!! Know what else rocks? Optical Ocean Sales owner Jack Connick...best customer service and product pricing. Within an hour of placing the order, I got a phone call and great advice on other things I might need. Plus tons of email replies to my questions (including late at night and on weekends).

Anyways, finally got the baby in the water last weekend and despite being a tad heavy on the surface, it is so ergonomic and easy to use underwater. The whole system was such an upgrade from my old one that is will be a steep learning curve. The Zen 100mm mini dome is very different from having a big port, but will be a lot of fun to play around with. Still figuring out the Inon Z-240's but as anyone who has them already knows, they are powerful and come in a small package. Also really like the new i-DAS arms and still waiting on my L&M Sola 600 to test out my macro skills.

Whether you are considering housing an old or new camera, I would highly recommend Optical Ocean Sales...and if you aren't sure about Nauticam housings, I have been very impressed with ease of use and functionality.

Happy Holidays!

E Rowe

Awesome! And thanks for the kudos about Jack - great to hear!

Cheers,
Cp

Chris Parsons
Nauticam USA / Zen Underwater
innovation at nauticamusa
www.nauticamusa.com
954-489-8678