#1 EspenRekdal

EspenRekdal

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

Off the beaten track….

It has always amazed me how so many photographers’ always follow in the beaten or should I say the pounded track of others before them. Though I have not always succeeded I do try to find new subjects and places to photograph and lately the further north or south you go the more exclusive your subjects become. Lately, Antarctica too has been visited a lot more and we have all seen the images of leopard seals win a lot of awards in different photo competitions the last 5 years or so. The arctic however has seen much less coverage and the Arctic East Atlantic almost none at all.

For some time now I have tried to dive the Svalbard archipelago in the high Norwegian arctic. Land of polar bear, walruses, beluga, narwhals, blue whales, seals, and the list just goes on and on… Despite my commitment to go, it has not been easy. Except a National Geographic expedition a while back there is only one operator that has done one such trip, circumnavigating the islands and diving as much as possible. With 24/7 daylight you really do get more out of your time in these high latitudes.
I have hoped for the last couple of years that a similar opportunity present it self but I need to get the word out so that we can fill a boat to make ends meet. If you have a sense of adventure and the chance to shoot something different, then perhaps this is a trip for you!

Dates and more information is available on my web page. Questions can be posted here, Pm or email me.

More info: (My web page)

Edited by EspenRekdal, 27 December 2010 - 12:51 PM.

Nikon D4, D3s, D2x, etc etc.. Nauticam housing, Inon z240s, Subtronic Mega Cs and housed Nikon Sb900s...