A belated Merry Christmas!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Sadly, yesterday's attempt on the world Scuba-diving Santa record failed at a mere 142 divers (10 of whom failed to complete a ten-minute dive after entering the water). The almost freezing water of Vobster Quay, near Bath in the UK, wasn't conducive to ambient light photography, either...

_LAN4422.jpg

Tim

:)

#2 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8390 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Nice one, Tim.

So does that mean that those of us who went last time are still world record holders?

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#3 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:27 AM

So does that mean that those of us who went last time are still world record holders?

I guess so...

... except: wasn't it unofficial last year? :)

Tim

#4 renep

renep

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:03 PM

Oh man I like this picture... I having a Santa party in February. Every guest has to be dressed as a Santa. Can I use that picture for the event on fb?
Rene Potvin

BTW I am presently going from Miami to Montreal on a kayak, you can follow me on my blog at http://miami2montreal.wordpress.com/
Do subscribe, I need the numbers for my sponsors, thanks!

www.renepotvin.com

#5 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

Oh man I like this picture... I having a Santa party in February. Every guest has to be dressed as a Santa. Can I use that picture for the event on fb?

There were some professional photographers present, so can you please be careful with how you use the image? I shot it for fun, and you can borrow it for personal use with my blessing, but you should acknowledge me if you use it in public, please.

Tim

#6 renep

renep

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

Thanks Tim,
I would be for a facebook event/party. I'll put credits and warn you if I use it.

Rene
Rene Potvin

BTW I am presently going from Miami to Montreal on a kayak, you can follow me on my blog at http://miami2montreal.wordpress.com/
Do subscribe, I need the numbers for my sponsors, thanks!

www.renepotvin.com

#7 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

So, what is the official record now? How long does the diver have to stay under before it becomes a record Santa dive?
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#8 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2148 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

So, what is the official record now? How long does the diver have to stay under before it becomes a record Santa dive?

We had 142; the record is 158. All to be in the water simultaneously, and everyone to remain in the water for at least 10 minutes. Santa must have a red hat with white trimming, beard, red jacket with trimming, red trousers and a black belt!

Scuba Santas 2010

Tim

:B):

Edited by tdpriest, 19 May 2011 - 08:45 AM.