2 replies to this topic

#1 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photog.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

I am considering giving my wife a set of Big Blue VL-2X30W LEDs (http:Big Blue link// to replace her L&M HIDs on her Bluefin Housing. I can explain why, but the censors would definitely kick the posting.

The Big Blue use a 1/2" ball and Ultralight sells a stud adapter that will connect the Big Blue arms to the L&M housing. The Big Blue batteries, however, have two "D-rings" and I cannot figure out a way to firmly attach them to the housing. It will not do to attach them to her BC or Harness - let's not go there.

Not having access to a machine shop, short of hiring Gates to build something, I need an off-the-shelf solution. If it were my housing, I would probably put a pair of large hose clamps around the housing and attach to them. I might even snug the system up with a bungie or Velcro; but ... it needs to be more elegant than that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Neal

#2 liquidguru

liquidguru

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Staying Alive....

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

What about the L&M Sunray 1200 LEDs? I have two and love them. They fit onto the Bluefin housing without any mod. Or have you enough with L&M?

Edited by liquidguru, 12 January 2011 - 10:07 PM.

Sony XR500 - LMI Stingray+ G2 - 2x LMI Sola 4000 LEDs
Liquidguru's Website
My weekly Blog from Ambon, Indonesia

DIA_sig_new.png

#3 chemsaf

chemsaf

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photog.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:31 AM

What about the L&M Sunray 1200 LEDs? I have two and love them. They fit onto the Bluefin housing without any mod. Or have you enough with L&M?

The latter - L&Ms service is so bad that we do not want to give them another penny of our money. The HIDs have been continual problems, L&M will not provide any reasonable support.