After making a purchase of a new Asus laptop back in the spring I am now leaning towards a MAC. I received my Asus back a day before leaving on a fairly extensive trip and it still has the same issues that it was sent in for....3 TIMES!!! As you can imagine I am a little fired up over it and need to move on. I am in Mexico and have a family member that could bring me a new Macbook Pro if I decide to do so.
Will this do?
2.66GHz Intel Core i7
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 512 MB
I would like the additional 4G of ram but it just hits the travel fund even more and I cant do it right now. From what I understand it is very easy to add this in at a later time and I will likely do so. How much of a difference will the 4G make?
I will be doing some video work over the next year and need a reliable product. Nothing to intense just some tourist and promo videos. I shoot with a Sony XR-500 and edit with CS5 which matches up well with the NVIDA graphic card.
I would love to hear all the PRO Mac opinions as to why I should make this transition?
Thanks for the advice!!!
Edited by BC-SeaDragon, 16 January 2011 - 09:12 PM.