• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10632 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

With all the warnings on 3D gaming machines, cinemas and TVs, the BBC launched an investigation about the detrimental effects of 3D on humans:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ine/9378577.stm

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 scottleslie

scottleslie

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

There really isn't much substance to that article. I would suspect that the evils of 3D will only show up over the long-term. Personally, though my vision is very good and confirmed healthy, I get headaches very quickly while watching 3d and the headaches last for days afterward. Here's an interesting article about why it is very unnatural to watch 3d films. It explains some of the scientific principles behind vision and why 3d goes against the ways our natural vision works. http://blogs.suntime.../01/post_4.html
Nova Scotia, CANADA Bay of Fundy: A Natural Portrait, Wetland Birds of North America, Woodland Birds of North America, Seabirds of North America http://www.scottlesliephoto.com

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:58 AM

Manufacturers of 3D monitors are now shipping with warnings against young children 6 and under against watching.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2285 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

BS on the science behind that report.

You can't create a lazy eye with 3-d glasses. You might discover a binocular vision problem watching a 3-d movie.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#5 Berylos

Berylos

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

i have sight problems after 8 hours work with a usual monitor, what can I say about 3d one? keep away from children and don't abuse using it. I won't buy it ever.