• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 South Aussie Blue

South Aussie Blue

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Great NEWS Pentax Fans.. Just got an E-mail from the great guys from Reef Photo & Video... Recsea / seatool are working on a PENTAX K-5 Housing for release this March... NOW sit down after that excitement! Price will be target around $3400 USD.. But I have seen a Recsea / Seatool Housing in action, they are one of the best Quality Housing I have seen (bomb proof).. Like the KX / KM housing they make, it will allow for the pop up flash to be used for optical triggering strobes like the Inon Z-240. All the Ports made for the KX housing will work. With lens options being DA 10-17mm Fisheye, DA 18-55mm, DFA 50mm Macro and DFA 100mm macro. If you have the dollars you can have a top notch Professional Underwater Housing for PENTAX :( With the Diveross housing the budget option for the K-5.. Ikelite have only indicated that they are considering a housing for the K-5, but are not currently working on one.. Investing in Recsea Ports seems wise as they are the only ones with custom made housing for Pentax DSLR's ATM... KM \ KX and with the soon to Market K-7 \ K-5 housing..

#2 Ron Kruger

Ron Kruger

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

The greatly expanded DR of the K5 should be a real advantage for underwater photography, but the price of the housing is outrageous.

#3 South Aussie Blue

South Aussie Blue

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

The greatly expanded DR of the K5 should be a real advantage for underwater photography, but the price of the housing is outrageous.

Got the price wrong $3200 usd.. Well I guess just to except to pay over 3 k for it..

Edited by South Aussie Blue, 08 February 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#4 Aqua_soul

Aqua_soul

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Scuba & Free Diving, Photography above and below water, Architecture, Graphic Design, Art, 3D Modeling & Rendering, Single Malt Whiskeys :)

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

I will hopefully find the time before the end of the week to post an update regarding my Recsea/Seatool experience, but I would defiantely think long and hard before even adding a Seatool product to any short list of mine!!!

#5 Rv

Rv

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:27 AM

Hello,
so what is your Recsea/Seatool experience ??? I am very interested to have some reports from those housings.

Hervé
Rv

#6 johnpaur

johnpaur

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:03 AM

My friend has purchased the Pentax K-5 and I was just playing with his camera found the images just a bit too soft for me. Since image quality is the thing I was looking for I went with Pentax . Along with best image quality some of the best point are ability to shoot HD video and also has excellent macro mode.
The Pentax K-5 is built for speed, efficiency and versatility. It has The image stabilization system, shake reduction has a potency 2.5-4 LW . The stabilizer is built into the body and therefore works with all lenses; the result of translational and rotational camera shake corrected.The weight is without battery and memory card 660 g, 740 g. The operational dimensions of the camera are 131 x 97 x 73 mm (W x H x D). The already available as accessory for K-7 battery pack fits also available at the K-5 and In video mode, the format Full HD 1920×1080 at 25 fps at 1280×720 modes added 30/25 fps and 640×480 25/30 fps, is stored in AVI format.
The Pentax K-5 benefits from the system sensor shift stabilization that reduces the risk of blurry photos. This type of stabilization makes all PENTAX lenses stabilized even the oldest.

#7 Aqua_soul

Aqua_soul

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Scuba & Free Diving, Photography above and below water, Architecture, Graphic Design, Art, 3D Modeling & Rendering, Single Malt Whiskeys :)

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:20 AM

Finally had time to write my review related to the service I received from Seatool.

It can be found here:

http://wetpixel.com/...mp;#entry276294

#8 South Aussie Blue

South Aussie Blue

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Finally had time to write my review related to the service I received from Seatool.

It can be found here:

http://wetpixel.com/...mp;#entry276294

http://seatool.net/list/K5-7.html

Lets hope someone will get to review this...:) Now we get to see how this little
Pentax can handle the pressure ;)

Edited by South Aussie Blue, 11 July 2011 - 12:21 AM.