Early season

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aqua_soul

Aqua_soul

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Scuba & Free Diving, Photography above and below water, Architecture, Graphic Design, Art, 3D Modeling & Rendering, Single Malt Whiskeys :)

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

We have been experiencing a frustrating summer dive season so far. In theory we should be enjoy crystal clear dives as the correct wind has been blowing often and hard, but in reality the plankton blooms have kept the water a murky green for the most part. When a report came in that False Bay, mainly dived during the winter months, was cleaning up the chance of a out of season visit to the Seven gill sharks seemed like a good choice. So myself and fellow Cape Town photographer, Jean Tresfon, headed on over to the site a few weekends ago. Although there were signs of the water cleaning up, down below it was still rather murky and green. It was like diving with the sharks in thick fog. Not the best for taking photos, but as for an experience, top notch!

C&C welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 pdemaagt

pdemaagt

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

I really like the last one! I am hoping to go back one day to dive with the sevengills once again :-)
Peter

#3 rustyworld

rustyworld

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:08 AM

Just saw an article about the cow sharks in this area in an airline magazine, South African Air maybe.

Edited by rustyworld, 19 February 2011 - 08:09 AM.

George Childress
The Main Event Imaging WEBSITE
Main Event BLOG
Main Event CALENDAR
Facebook
Linkedin
Twitter: MainEventPhoto
Nikon D3X, Subal Housing, 15mm, 24mm, 60mm, 105mm, YS250 stobes

#4 jtresfon

jtresfon

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

Was SAWUBONA MAgazine, the South African Airlines inflight mag... and they actually paid for the pictures!!!

Rgds
Jean.