• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jimdyer

Jimdyer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:28 AM

Does anyone use this port for a canon 10-22?

#2 Backscatter

Backscatter

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Does anyone use this port for a canon 10-22?

I haven't personally, for rectilinear zooms one is really better served by a larger dome in order to maintain corner sharpness. But according to Subal, it is possible to shoot with this dome using the combination of a 33mm extension and +4 dioptre.

Best,

Sterling

Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo
831-645-1082
www.backscatter.com
Contact Us!

#3 Jimdyer

Jimdyer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hi Sterling,

I did see that on the Subal site - just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It is half the price and would be better for travel. I will probably go with the Canon 10-22 or Tokina 10-17 and 8" dome.

Thanks,

Jim

I haven't personally, for rectilinear zooms one is really better served by a larger dome in order to maintain corner sharpness. But according to Subal, it is possible to shoot with this dome using the combination of a 33mm extension and +4 dioptre.

Best,

Sterling

#4 Backscatter

Backscatter

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hi Sterling,

I did see that on the Subal site - just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. It is half the price and would be better for travel. I will probably go with the Canon 10-22 or Tokina 10-17 and 8" dome.

Thanks,

Jim

I think that's a good choice - the 8 inch dome will definitely yield better results, especially with the 10-22. It's still pretty compact, all things considered.

Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo
831-645-1082
www.backscatter.com
Contact Us!