4 replies to this topic

#1 lookjake

lookjake

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

Hey Guys,

These are just some pictures I took while diving in the Puget Sound. I'm an 18 year old college student with a relatively inexpensive setup, just looking for some comments and constructive criticism.

Thanks ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 DerekB

DerekB

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Freediving, climbing, gymnastics, hiking, Shark diving, photography, mnt boarding, surf photography.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Good stuff, The sound is difficult to shoot in. What dive spot is this?

I like the composition of the crab, looking up at it with it flexing its claws gives it a wrestler feel.

the wolf eel is way too purple and glowing.

I am a freediver in washington, and attending college at the Art institute of seattle. Feel free to send me an email if your interested in meeting up and talking underwater photos

-----

Derek Broussard
www.actionbyderek.com

#3 lookjake

lookjake

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:39 AM

Derek - I took all of these pictures at Octopus Hole, it's about a five minute drive out of Hoodsport.

I checked out your website, do you do any free diving in the sound? Most of the pictures looked like they were from Hawaii. If so, where at? Great pictures by the way

#4 DerekB

DerekB

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Freediving, climbing, gymnastics, hiking, Shark diving, photography, mnt boarding, surf photography.

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

I do freedive in the sound, Edmonds underwater park is my favorite spot. But since I am currently vehicleless I have been diving no farther then 2 miles from my house in bremerton.

here are some links to the photos taken in the sounds
MACRO
lions mane jelly at Manette

salmon at chico stream

underwater view of ducks

#5 lookjake

lookjake

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

Wow, lots of great pictures there. I wish I could freedive that well, I have done some spearfishing (with a Hawaiian sling) but only to depths of about 30 feet. The unlimited time to take pictures would be nice.

The pictures of that lions mane jelly are incredible, that is much bigger than any I have ever seen.