Edited by scuba-s, 07 March 2011 - 03:17 AM.
ikelite with tonkina 10-17 with 5 inch dome?
Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:53 AM
Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:26 AM
If you want email addresses for these people contact me directly.
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.
Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:01 PM
The dome is awesome! No regrets getting it even tho the price is higher than the ikelite 6"
Benefits are wider coverage due to the more complete dome compared to ikelite.
If you plan to use the 10-17 with a TC, this would be ideal, as ikelite 6" domes are fixed length, while the 5" is modular.
Corner Sharpness is as good as the 8" ikelite dome with better lens coverage.
Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:44 PM
I will be testing it UW next week, however I obviously have some initial impressions........
- The acrylic looks to be perfect - I can see no distortion of text when laid on newsprint
- The finishing of the port plug is a little bit 'rough and ready'. Basically, it hasn't been polished up (note: the dome is 100% blemish free, and was well covered for shipping)
- The thread on the dome is nice and tight
- Bill was very easy to deal with
- Everything was VERY well packed
- I popped it onto the housing, and it does make a nice compact rig.
- I need to move the dome shade by 90 degrees
- The price was very good, around half the price of the ZEN mini dome
I have used the 6" with my old 10-24mm lens and the corners were awful - I think it might have needed a dioptre.
I used the 10-17mm with the 8" for the first time the past few weeks, and it really is a sweet lens.
I shall report back on UW use in a couple of weeks.