• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 07:58 AM

Hi, here are some pics I have taken. These pics were taken in the first 9 months on 2 seperate trips, on in similan, other in Mataking. Could not scan more pics as i am getting a new slide scanner soon ( these were scanned from photo's )

An commments / tips. let me know

Carls Web Page

#2 mondo

mondo

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 12:03 PM

Hi Carl

Nice images. Quick question - what is your equipment setup? Be interested to know which housing and lights you used, and which lenses.

I know that this is low in relevance to the story of how the picture was made, but it is still part of the story.

Best

Des

#3 Lndr

Lndr

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:49 PM

I think the improvement in your shots between the trips is awesome :D

#4 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 06:47 PM

Hi,
Your second trip photos show a flair for the abstract, and good composition! And you obviously love nudibranchs, so I really liked your shots!
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#5 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 04:22 AM

Yes, really getting into the abstract stuff now, not so keen on fishy fish stuff. Nudibranch, well.... yeh, I like them. Anything really with colour and shape / patterns..... nudi's tend to have both

Got a Nikon F80 in a Sea and Sea Housing, ys-90 strobes. Got 16 mm nikon fish eye ( which have never used yet except for some testing :D ). Generally i use a 105mm macro nikon lens, and a 2x Teleconverter. Sometimes go out with just the 105.Using a NX-80 Sea and Sea Housing.

Have used Velvia film and also E-VS 100 (Kodak), both have strengths and weaknesses....still not sure which one i prefer .

Thanks for your feed-back. When I get my scanner ( sunday ), rest assured i will dump these and put the properly scanned ones on, and there will be alot more !.

See ya

#6 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:03 PM

Just to inform of a new update......... got my scanner already, and have sorted the pics according to the 3 trips........

#7 Karsten

Karsten

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:34 PM

very impressed. excellent images, esp in the third trip.

#8 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:12 AM

Thanks..... i bought a brand Minolta new scanner ( friend bought it into thailand for me from the US) and now it dont work no more after the 3rd trip. Dying to get my last trip ( trip 4 ) from dec 2003 in the philippines on line...... no chance until i get it repaired :)

Thanks for your kind comments. Any advice, help.... always happy to learn from others ( and I have learnt alot from this forum)

#9 Karsten

Karsten

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:41 AM

what's the problem with the scanner? If it is a connection problem, I reccommend unplugging it as well as the rest of the hardware plugged into the USB drives then, while the computer is off, plugging the scanner and only the scanner back in. Turn the computer on and give it a whirl. The minolta scanners, ive found, are very very finicky.

#10 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:21 AM

Thanks...... i will definately give it a shot. I used it only once to scan all my pics from trip 1 to trip 3, and then a month later wanted to scan trip 4. The pics came out very dark ( which puzzled me), and the drive engine sounded a little sick. Now it does not even turn over ( dead quiet )

Sorry about my web page, Homepageuniverse which is the hosting service has screwed up for 2 days now and is for some reason off line. GReat service !

#11 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 09:09 AM

Hosting site back on-line again....

#12 caveman

caveman

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 01:36 AM

Bought a new Scanner after the last died after 3 weeks.......... so here are the pics from Philippines. Not so happy with them, but going to Lembeh in april !!! Any comments, let me know. ( the Pygmy Seahorses are a real pain in the butt, out of 25 shots, i got only one I like )

http://www.carlgoodier.com/trip4.htm