6 replies to this topic

#1 edm81363

edm81363

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hi all -

I have a client with a unique 3D underwater need. I am looking for an expert in this field.

The project involves sending 3D video from depths in excess of one mile using fibre. We are currently doing this with 1920x1080 cameras but are now investigating 3D.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Kind Regards,

Ed McNichol
425-239-4414
ed@mcnichol.com

EDcetera, a division of Mumbian Enterprises, Inc., provides post-production editing, training and workflow consulting based on 29 years of global video expertise, combining technical proficiency with strong storytelling and great customer service.

Ed McNichol is also a SCUBA Divemaster, certified in Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Boat Diver, Enriched Air Diver, CPR+AED, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, HSA and Rescue Diver. He is also a NOAA Observer Diver and underwater videographer.
-Ed in Mill Creek, WA

Emerald Sea Dive Club
OW, AOW, Boat, EANx, CPR, First Aid, Rescue, DM
E-Mail Me
My Website

Contact me about my 27 years of global video expertise!

#2 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

Ed - are you looking for advice, or for a consultant on the project?
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#3 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

Ed
I assume you want fully adjustable cameras (Interocular dist, focus etc) via remote control? The guys @ Woods Hole (WHOI) are very experienced in 3D productions. They are not cheap but they have the technical expertise in deep sea imagery.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#4 edm81363

edm81363

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hi -

We're looking for a supplier or consultant. We used the WHOI folks last year to provide the ROV, but will be working with the ROPOS crew this year.

-Ed

Edited by edm81363, 17 March 2011 - 07:03 AM.

-Ed in Mill Creek, WA

Emerald Sea Dive Club
OW, AOW, Boat, EANx, CPR, First Aid, Rescue, DM
E-Mail Me
My Website

Contact me about my 27 years of global video expertise!

#5 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10641 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

If WHOI didn't work out, then maybe you should contact Pace HD.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#6 chris.evans

chris.evans

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

LOL @ Pace, if anyone knows UW S3D it's Cameron, the internets are also saying Avatar2 will be underwater. :)

#7 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

I would contact Howard Hall for this type of feedback and consulting.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.