• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davemak

davemak

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 05:57 AM

I am experiencing an annoying problem with the above camera and a S&S YS90 DX strobe. I am trying to get the camera to flash, however when I press the flash button I only get the options of off, red-eye reduction or slow1. I corresponded with Sharpdiver about this but cannot find the answer - there appears to be no forced flash setting that I can find.

Anybody help? - please??

#2 kdietz

kdietz

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 06:17 AM

Slow 1 is what I use.........FWIW

Karl
Karl Dietz...Nikon D200...Ikelite iTTL housing...10.5mm...15mm FE...12-24mm...17-35mm...60mm micro...105mm micro...dual DS-200's
www.kdietz.com

#3 underwaterdigital

underwaterdigital

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 06:32 AM

First of all, this problem is not a big thing. The force flash icon on the C4040Z will not show up on the display if you are shooting manual. You can use the SLOW 1 icon if you wish to shoot manual otherwise you have to switch to either aperture priority or program mode to be able to use the force flash setting on your c4040Z.

In my opinion, it's best to shoot manual because you'll have full control of the camera functions from changing aperture setting to shutter speed etc. etc. Don't get intimidated by shooting manual after all you're shooting DIGITAL.

Allan
Allan

Sea and Sea DX100 with Inon X1 port, Inon Z22 quad ring flash, YS90DX and a bunch of lens, arms and ports.

#4 davemak

davemak

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 06:35 AM

Slow 1 is what I ended up using - wasn't overly happy with the exposure results, found it a huge faff. Maybe its just me and that is what the right setting actually is.

ta.

#5 davemak

davemak

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2002 - 06:38 AM

Thanks Allan - I can se now that the forced flash option isnt available whn shooting manual - which is what I was doing for the majority of the time. Must be more practice :-)