#1 RWBrooks

RWBrooks

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:The Natural World, the sciences

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:47 AM

Hi all, just wanted to draw peoples attention to this article on MPAs in Australia using Palau as an example.
It features my underwater work, all except the vintage footage of Valerie Taylor, wasn't around 50 years ago when she started..... However it was an amazing experience to work with her, like a childhood dream come true. I can remember distinctly watching her and Ron's films and thinking " I want to do that and be there to see that sort of thing" and 30 years later be actually doing it in a way.
So it's very cool to see the finished article so quickly put together by a very hard working team.

Here's the link: 60 Minutes, Troubled Waters

Enjoy.

Richard

Richard Brooks
Media Producer
Federated States of Micronesia

Visit My Website(s)

#2 anthp

anthp

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1334 posts
  • Interests:Photography in Le Grand Bleu.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Hi all, just wanted to draw peoples attention to this article on MPAs...

I watched this the other day Richard. I wondered who had shot it as it seemed far better than the usual news footage. Excellent work. You got some really nice shots of Valerie and certainly helped tell the story. Well done!
Anthony Plummer
anthonyplummer.com
"It's much better down there... It's a better place..." Enzo, Le Grand Bleu.

#3 RWBrooks

RWBrooks

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:The Natural World, the sciences

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

I watched this the other day Richard. I wondered who had shot it as it seemed far better than the usual news footage. Excellent work. You got some really nice shots of Valerie and certainly helped tell the story. Well done!

Thanks Anthony, We only had one dive to get it all done but Valerie should take most of the credit, I barely had to stop filming as she was constantly moving to new positions with different animals and knew exactly what I had in mind at every point. Not to mention, she has so much energy! Quite incredible for a woman in her 70's.....

Cheers

Richard

Richard Brooks
Media Producer
Federated States of Micronesia

Visit My Website(s)