• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greedo5678

greedo5678

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

So i am planning on doing a shoot of my pregnant wife either in the pool or in the calm shallows.

We have looked through a number of UW model ideas and a few maternity shot ideas and hope to join a few of them up to create our own pregnancy shots with our personal twist.

However, i have never shoot models before, (except her) either topside or UW, (beside positioning a diver in a WA shot) and would love a few pointers. Our concerns are of course being pregnant, diving is out of the question so it will have to be shallow/surface/pool shots.

We have found a few quiet, (read Dead) resorts around here with pools, who i'm sure could be persuaded for private hire, so no worries of gawping eyes but even so, plan to keep the clothes on. I have my standard UW setup, which lens should i be aiming towards? the fisheye is obviously out (dont want to distort her more than the bump is already doing so!), 18-55 a good bet? Anything else i should look at getting? Waterproof Make-up?

Any links to ideas would also be great.

Olly
Kahoy EcoDivers Resort, S. Leyte, PH.
Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7, Canon 100, Tokina 10-17, Canon 18-55, Twin Inon Z-240s, Anthis Woody Dipotre, homemade snoot.
MY GALLERY

#2 vividhousings

vividhousings

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi,
I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't drop wide angle so fast. At least for some shots, used properly, you can get interesting photos, if you don't overdo it. I'd say 18-55 is also OK.
Waterproof makeup is certainly a good idea, I would also bring some props, more or less funny, depending on the mood you want to get (umbrella, stroller, chair...) and maybe some peace of clothing, e.g. some veil, to go with or instead of swimming suit. Hair, especially long, can also render interesting effects.
I've found some images with the veil here: http://markjohnson.p...0000o46Cm7AGY6c
I hope this helps a bit.
Miso
Vivid Housings

#3 Captain_Caveman

Captain_Caveman

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

A norwegian photographer came over and shot some photos in Mexico a couple of months ago at one of the cenotes. She's well known for her underwater model shoots (http://www.sisselnys...com/gallery.htm). She used a fine piece of lace that she had her assistant swim down and drape in front of the model, then have the model swim into the fabric.

Lens wise she was shooting with a 17-40 sized zoom with twin strobes.

[vimeohd] 20354031 [/vimeohd]

I use...

Canon 5d2
Aquatica Housing
8" Dome
Sigma 15mm
Sola lights

~ Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8 L - Canon 50 f/1.8 ~

~ Canon 350D - Canon G9 - Canon 430 EX ~