• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3073 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hey all, I am getting a new Mac Pro, but I just noticed that Apple doesn't sell 23'' monitors any more, only the huge 27''. I really like the setup I have now with my old Mac Pro, two 23'' cinema displays, so I thought I would try to continue on something like that. So, what do you guys suggest as good 23'' monitors for a new Mac Pro? Transferring my old 23's is not an option.

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#2 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

Hey all, I am getting a new Mac Pro, but I just noticed that Apple doesn't sell 23'' monitors any more, only the huge 27''. I really like the setup I have now with my old Mac Pro, two 23'' cinema displays, so I thought I would try to continue on something like that. So, what do you guys suggest as good 23'' monitors for a new Mac Pro? Transferring my old 23's is not an option.

I use NEC 24" PA241W-BK-SV that I love. It comes with the Spectraview software and puck. http://www.necdispla...rs/pa241w-bk-sv
You couldn't go wrong with almost any monitor that uses IPS technology today. For other high end brands you could look at LaCie and for a very reasonable price you could pick up a Dell U2410.
Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#3 fdi

fdi

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Photography and picture framing

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

Although the apple website only has the 27 inch on their website I have seen smaller in the apple retail store and best buy store here in Dallas, TX. Best Buy has some 21.5" on their website.

Cheers,
Mark
Frame Destination, Inc.

#4 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3073 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

Thanks all, I think I will get the Dell 2410, good reviews and the same resolution as my old 23'' Cinemas, it's really silly that apple only makes huge 27'' displays now.

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.