• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Caveman

Captain_Caveman

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Still only available in the 21 or 27 inch formats, the processors have been ramped up to the i5 range, with an option of upgrading to the i7 on each for an extra $200.

They now come with either the magic mouse or the glassy trackpad at no additional cost if you buy online.

7200 rpm disks as standard, the AMD Radeon HD 6000 series Graphics chipset and of course support for the new Thunderbolt periphery.

http://store.apple.c...mco=MjIwNTQyNjE

I use...

Canon 5d2
Aquatica Housing
8" Dome
Sigma 15mm
Sola lights

~ Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8 L - Canon 50 f/1.8 ~

~ Canon 350D - Canon G9 - Canon 430 EX ~

#2 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

can you switch out the graphics card for a better one?
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#3 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2855 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

can you switch out the graphics card for a better one?
Steve

It is just an iMac for crying out loud :)

Actually it is a nice machine, but will never replace a Tower (though compared to my older Towers, wow..Quad core, dual drives...)

Anyway, on one version

AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Configurable to AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 2GB GDDR5, only at the Apple Online Store.

Don't know if any other things are out there or doable.