44 replies to this topic

#41 kun1

kun1

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Hi Chris,

The Lenovo w530 looks like it would more than handle the tasks i want to do. It's just a little bit big. I'm looking at a 13.3 ultrabook, in fact the model i would buy is the new Asus Transformer book.It's a cross between the Zenbook and transformer notepad. It's a i7, 128ssd with a 500gb HDD, full 1080p ips screen and you can detatch the monitor from the keyboard. Great for travelling. When they first released the specs they offered a dedicated graphics card of 2gb but there's a rumor it's been removed.. I hope it hasn't but if it has i'd like to know if the Intel 4000 could handle cutting up clips and slight colour correction in vegas premium hd?

#42 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Which processor is in Macbook pro Simon?

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with Nvidia 9600M GT 521MB / 9400M 256MB dual GPU's

Runs lovely on Mountain Lion.

#43 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Kun, i would recommend vegas 12 over 10. Especially if you are buying a new laptop as vegas 12 can use some graphics cards for rendering etc. I know when i swapped over my render times went from 50 minutes down to about 8-10 minutes for the same project.
Big big difference. Plus there is alot more tools/refinements in 12.
I bought an Asus G73 & love it but it is a 17inch screen. As far as i know you can get a G53 which is the same specs but in a 15inch form.
Cheers Pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547

#44 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Sony's Vegas Pro Website says:
GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering require an OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory or more. (please see the GPU acceleration page for more detailed specifications and driver requirements)
Have a look here: http://www.sonycreat...gpuacceleration

But it is not clear to me if it will work as it seems that there ar some problems with intel drivers and/or
their implementation to the software. Premiere Pro don't work with the Intel 4000 or example.

Sony's Vega Movie Studio Platinium Webiste says:
Supported NVIDIA or AMD GPU:
NVIDIA
Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later.
GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).

NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.

AMD/ATI
Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.

Chris

Nikon D800 - Sigma 15mm - Nikon 105mm Micro VR - Hugyfot Housing - 3 Inon Z-240 strobes - 2x2 8'' ULCS arms

Canon G12 with Patima aluminium housing - Fuji E900 with Ikelite housing
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#45 Pete L

Pete L

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I can tell you that the Nvidia geforce gtx460m works fine with vegas 12. Hope that helps you abit.

Cheers pete.

Panasonic GH4 user

My Vimeo page vimeo.com/user8157547