• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 chilbal

chilbal

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Is there anybode that know what hapens to Ampibico?

The 29. april I made a Paypal Transaction on 6080 USD to pay for my new Panasonic POV house, but I have still not recieved any message from Amphibico.
I have writen mails and tried to phone them several times the last 2 weeks - but I cant get through to them and they dont answer my mails - whats happening?

From the facebook site "amphibico 360" I have had message, that other have the same experince with them - so be award - dont send any money before they answer the phone or mail

regards

Bent Yde Jørgensen
Chilbal Film
Møllevej 12, Reersø
4281 Gørlev
Tlf. 5121 3057, 5920 9264
www.chilbal.dk Mail: chilbal@os.dk

#2 scaper

scaper

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:12 PM

I am wondering what happened to them as well. They were supposed to have a first run of the Endeavor for the XF100 around April 17. I have called and e-mailed several times since then, and there have been no replies. JC had a phone mail message a few weeks ago that said that they would be on Easter vacation until May. Last week I think his message said he was taking an opportunity for some time off in early May. Still, it seems strange that they are essentially offline for all this time.

Pat

#3 Beckytv

Beckytv

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

I am wondering what happened to them as well. They were supposed to have a first run of the Endeavor for the XF100 around April 17. I have called and e-mailed several times since then, and there have been no replies. JC had a phone mail message a few weeks ago that said that they would be on Easter vacation until May. Last week I think his message said he was taking an opportunity for some time off in early May. Still, it seems strange that they are essentially offline for all this time.

Pat

I recently ordered a housing with one of their dealers in the States and was told everything is backed up due to the vacation time, I guess it was plant wide???? I sure hope they start shipping soon, I am putting a trip on hold until the housing arrives.

#4 sharkshooter

sharkshooter

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Does anyone have any definite information about Amphibico?
I'm hearing rumors that they have ceased operation.
Does anyone know if that's true?

#5 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

Does anyone have any definite information about Amphibico?
I'm hearing rumors that they have ceased operation.
Does anyone know if that's true?

I just got a housing from them about 60 days ago and I had some phone numbers for staff there so I gave them a try. The phones are working but everyone has a full voice mailbox. This would be very sad but it doesn't look good.
Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#6 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

Would be a real shame but I would be surprised, they just announced a couple of new housings. Maybe they are just really busy :)

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#7 scaper

scaper

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

One person on Amphibico's Facebook page says that Amphibico is bankrupt. I'm not sure how he knows. It would explain the fact that they have been missing in action so long:

https://www.facebook...60/141084208980

Pat

#8 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10636 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Merged the 2 threads together.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#9 focker

focker

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:34 PM

I have sad but confirmed news, Amphibico has ceased operations at this time and is for sale or looking for an investor.
Nauticam 550 w/ T2i - Zen 100 - Inon Z240 - Tokina 10-17 - Canon 60mm - Sola 600

#10 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1314 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

I have sad but confirmed news, Amphibico has ceased operations at this time and is for sale or looking for an investor.

That's really crappy news.

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#11 Beckytv

Beckytv

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

I ordered a housing from Submerge Camera in Mid April, Submerge has been keeping in touch with me through out this ordeal. The latest news from yesterday was that the sales person was in contact with the owner and their order was shipping out this Friday. They indicated that there is a new owner in the works. Also Submerge indicated that they will be an official repair and service center for Amphibico.

Hopefully since I did purchase my housing with a company here in the states if for some reason the housing is not available, I will have options.

Becky

#12 TreasureGuard

TreasureGuard

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

Yes confirmed SAD NEWS. I received this email from Amphibico today "....since April 21st Bank recall our loans that forced the owners to closed-shut down the Amphibico division...If you placed an order after that date and we can complete it, you will be contacted soon as we plan to honored parts and warranty service still.

thanks you for your friendships and understandings regards"
Eric Madeja
www.treasure-images.com

#13 TMan2

TMan2

Sea Nettle

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hey all,

After talks and evaluation of the situation, Submerge Camera will not be a repair facility for Amphibico. We just would not feel comfortable being a reresentative of the line with so much instability at this time.

We hope to see a recovery for Amphibico as they have been a well respected mfg. over the years.

If they do come back maybe thier first new housing can be called the Phoenix.....

Good Diving!
TJ Mansfield
Submerge Camera
Where only the Best Gear is Sold!
www.submergecamera.com
1-877-5-SUBMERGE
+1.269.324.9999
submerge@submergecamera.com

#14 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

Oh dear that's really shitty news :B):

#15 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

Very sad... Amphibico made some cool, reliable housings :B):

Lets hope they get back on track

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#16 edmond320

edmond320

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:57 AM

yes, it is very sad indeed for such a nice hard working video housing manufacturer to close down their business. Hope this is only temporary and they can recover soon and continue their production line !!!
Take care, Amphibico !!! We will still support you in the future !!

Edmond

#17 Clive

Clive

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

Amphibico was very prompt with their reply and helped me quite a bit when I had troubles with my local customs. I would hate to see them gone. Keep the same team, I will still support them should they come back.

#18 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2841 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

They were the only company, aside from Gates, who made housings for the higher end cams. That leaves Gates on the top of the Apex.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#19 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:41 AM

They were the only company, aside from Gates, who made housings for the higher end cams. That leaves Gates on the top of the Apex.
Steve

Sssshhhh don't tell John that he will put the prices up!!! :)

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#20 Roger Eve

Roger Eve

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Amateur u/w videography. Warm Waters only :-)
    Sailing, Flight Simulation....
    Enjoying a healthy (so far) retirement :-))

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

What a bummer, just gone and dinged by 94 degree port in the Red Sea and the UK supplier cannot even get spares for their own rental Phenoms. Still have the flat port but will have to hope nothing goes wrong with the rest of my housing!!!

Here is hoping someone takes over the company.

Roger
Roger "Bones" Eve - Arundel England