3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:00 AM

My problem is that I am a user rather than a collector. In a box on top of a cupboard I have the following items:

An original Calypsophot outfit consisting of the original French built camera body and 35mm Som Berthiot lens and cap with its original instruction booklet (Hen's teeth these), some documentation, original Spiro bulb flash and instructions (very rare) a small contemporary underwater housed meter (sold with the camera and probably built for Spiro I think) and an original metal viewfinder for the Som Berthiot lens. All is very clean but the faster shutter speeds don't work - a common problem, it could all be serviced but I've left it in original condition. The last time that this was used was in the 60s and its now collectable - not for a user!

A Nikonos 2 outfit including a body in reasonable condition complete with a chrome 35mm lens (some marking to the front metal but optics fine), a chrome 28mm lens in good condition, and an early type 15mm lens and caps in good condition and superb optical condition.

Lastly a 28mm LW (surface use but water resistant) lens in good condition - hard to come by these days.

I'm open to realistic offers for this lot in excess of 1k although it would probably make more if broken into small lots and ebayed (which is what I might do if there's no interest).

Its great to own but seems pointless to be just stuck in a box.
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#2 msdeedee

msdeedee

Moray Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

My problem is that I am a user rather than a collector. In a box on top of a cupboard I have the following items:

An original Calypsophot outfit consisting of the original French built camera body and 35mm Som Berthiot lens and cap with its original instruction booklet (Hen's teeth these), some documentation, original Spiro bulb flash and instructions (very rare) a small contemporary underwater housed meter (sold with the camera and probably built for Spiro I think) and an original metal viewfinder for the Som Berthiot lens. All is very clean but the faster shutter speeds don't work - a common problem, it could all be serviced but I've left it in original condition. The last time that this was used was in the 60s and its now collectable - not for a user!

A Nikonos 2 outfit including a body in reasonable condition complete with a chrome 35mm lens (some marking to the front metal but optics fine), a chrome 28mm lens in good condition, and an early type 15mm lens and caps in good condition and superb optical condition.

Lastly a 28mm LW (surface use but water resistant) lens in good condition - hard to come by these days.

I'm open to realistic offers for this lot in excess of 1k although it would probably make more if broken into small lots and ebayed (which is what I might do if there's no interest).

i am intrested in the early 15mm lens Thanx DD

#3 steinsp

steinsp

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

#4 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

All SOLD now!
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish