• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 folivier1

folivier1

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone have the Sealux housing for 5D2?
I'm looking for opinions if anyone is using one. Please respond or pm me.
Thanks

#2 folivier1

folivier1

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Nobody has a Sealux housing? For any other camera?

#3 Paula Schi

Paula Schi

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Hi- I have the 5d2 in a Sealux housing.
The housing is nice, compact and not bulky- not like some others I had looked into. The guys at Sealux are great- if you have any special wishes they'll see to it that it works out for you. In my case- I wanted to have the shutter release lever modified so that I could reach it better (I have small hands). No problem. The slide to place the camera on is great- just pull it out. You can also the the cam in the housing if you want to change lenses- there is a release lever on the outside so you just have to take off the port/dome.

Hope this is enough info- if you have any more questions give me a holler :-)
BTW: I wrote a critique on digideep.com in german with some pics: http://bit.ly/flizad

Edited by Paula Schi, 15 May 2011 - 03:18 AM.

#4 folivier1

folivier1

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Thanks Paula,
Sealux is on my short list along with Aquatica. I like the fact that Sealux uses optical glass for their ports.
Can you explain more about the lack of multi-controller function? Are you talking about the front or back controller? The pictures on Sealux website look like the back has the set button and dial for spinning. Can't tell from their pictures about the front controller.
Also does the camera have to be removed from the slide-in tray to change the battery?
I'm also thinking of the GV-150 viewfinder. It looks like it would be more comfortable shooting, especially low-level macro.
One more- can you change lens by removing the camera from the housing? Or does it have to be changed through the front by removing the lens port?
Thanks

#5 folivier1

folivier1

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Never mind, I was confusing the multi-controller with the front and rear command dials.

#6 Paula Schi

Paula Schi

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

I will have a look at it tomorrow since I will be in the water and give some more feedback.

#7 DrAlex

DrAlex

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi
I have used Sealux 5d for 4 years (up to 500 dives) and for 5Dmk2 for 2 years up to now (200 dives).
I haven't any problems with this this housing.
Easy to use, easy to manipulate underwater, no problem than preparing to dive - only 15-20 minutes need for it.

I use models with LD viewfinder.

Edited by DrAlex, 28 May 2011 - 09:09 AM.