3 replies to this topic

#1 SDiggs

SDiggs

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys,

I'm somewhat new to underwater video and I hope someone can offer me some advice on what i should buy. I have $1000-1500 budget to spend on a dedicated underwater video camera. I don't have a need to do any stills so a focus on video is fine.

I currently use a GoPro HD for my underwater films and i've outgrown the limited video quality. Even though it's 1080p 60fps the quality just isnt there and everytime i go down i feel like im missing out on really capturing the moment.

I need the camera, a housing and lights...

I know $1500 bucks isnt much for this sort of thing.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks....

Seth Diggs
West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Steve Karm

Steve Karm

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

Seth,

Send me a pm as I may have a solution for you. I too am in West Palm.

Steve

#3 garyyoss

garyyoss

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

I too live in West Palm, perhaps we could all get together sometime to talk shop and dive?
Gary
Nikon D800, Sea and Sea MDX-D800, Nikon D300, Sea and Sea MDX-D300, Inon Z-240's, Nikkor 16-35mm, Tokina 10-17mm, Nikkor 60mm, Nikkor 12-24mm, ULCS Hardware

#4 resappraiser

resappraiser

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Hey guys,

I'm somewhat new to underwater video and I hope someone can offer me some advice on what i should buy. I have $1000-1500 budget to spend on a dedicated underwater video camera. I don't have a need to do any stills so a focus on video is fine.

I currently use a GoPro HD for my underwater films and i've outgrown the limited video quality. Even though it's 1080p 60fps the quality just isnt there and everytime i go down i feel like im missing out on really capturing the moment.

I need the camera, a housing and lights...

I know $1500 bucks isnt much for this sort of thing.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks....

Seth Diggs
West Palm Beach, FL

Seth,

You might try getting hold of Ryan at Reef Camera & Video, just do a google. They are in Florida and have just about whatever you need based on your budget, both new and used equipment. Good hunting!

Bob