• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 junior5

junior5

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

im thinking about entering some photos in the natures best photography contest. this would be my first contest.
1)does anyone know if it is ok to eliminate backscatter in photos for the winland rice competition?
2)when cropping, would it be ok to change a picture from landscape to portrait orientation?

thanks for the help

brian

#2 Autopsea

Autopsea

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

im thinking about entering some photos in the natures best photography contest. this would be my first contest.
1)does anyone know if it is ok to eliminate backscatter in photos for the winland rice competition?
2)when cropping, would it be ok to change a picture from landscape to portrait orientation?

thanks for the help

brian

Hi,

I would say :
1/ if rules allow minor editing, then removing spots is allowed unless it is clearly indicated that it is not.
2/ if rules allows cropping, then it allows cropping :)

#3 junior5

junior5

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

the rules

All photographs must accurately reflect the subject matter as it appeared in the viewfinder. Nothing should be added to an image, and aside from dust spots and in camera digital spots, nothing should be taken away. Normal processing of RAW image files and minor adjustments to color and contrast are acceptable, as is minimal cropping

#4 Stuart Keasley

Stuart Keasley

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:44 AM

the rules

All photographs must accurately reflect the subject matter as it appeared in the viewfinder. Nothing should be added to an image, and aside from dust spots and in camera digital spots, nothing should be taken away. Normal processing of RAW image files and minor adjustments to color and contrast are acceptable, as is minimal cropping

If you mean rotating an image from landscape to portrait, then realistically, who is going to know (other then you)

If you mean cropping a photo to change the aspect ratio from landscape to portrait, then that means removing a fair amount of the original image through the crop, I don't think that would qualify as minimal.
Visit bottlefish.net for my personal web site.
Visit Black Flag TV Ltd if you'd like to hire me or any of our cameras.

#5 junior5

junior5

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

that is what i was thinking. thanks for helping out.