• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jimdyer

Jimdyer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Purchased an Ikelite Housing for Canon 50D and a port for an EF-S 10-22 lens from a forum (not this site) and only received the original box with the handle. The person I purchased from refused to refund my money because he believes his responsibility stopped when he dropped the package off. He was supposed to put insurance on the shipment but did not and so I will be suing him in small claims court when the postal inspectors investigation is complete. The shipment was from Houston, TX to Gaithersburg, MD and it has not been determined if it is mail theft (internal employee) or mail fraud (seller). The housing is:

Ikelite Housing Model 6870.50 serial # 32548 and port for Canon 10-22mm lens. Not sure if this would all fit in the housing box which is why the seller is suspect.
Posted Image

Edited by Jimdyer, 02 December 2010 - 06:01 PM.

#2 Ramsy

Ramsy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

Purchased an Ikelite Housing for Canon 50D and a port for an EF-S 10-22 lens from a forum (not this site) and only received the original box with the handle. The person I purchased from refused to refund my money because he believes his responsibility stopped when he dropped the package off. He was supposed to put insurance on the shipment but did not and so I will be suing him in small claims court when the postal inspectors investigation is complete. The shipment was from Houston, TX to Gaithersburg, MD and it has not been determined if it is mail theft (internal employee) or mail fraud (seller). The housing is:

Ikelite Housing Model 6870.50 serial # 32548 and port for Canon 10-22mm lens. Not sure if this would all fit in the housing box which is why the seller is suspect.
Posted Image

I just had the same thing happen to me by a seller in Houston, TX. I am wondering if we might have bought from the same person. Through another board, I recently purchased an Ikelite G12 case, wide angle adapter, Ikelite DS-51 strobe, flex arm and sync cable. Only the Ikelite case and wide angle adapter showed up. When I inquired about the strobe, flex arm and sync cable, he claims to have shipped the item. He claims that the box was tampered during shipping. However, the box showed no signs of tampering. Nor was the box big enough to fit the strobe. The postage on the box showed that the box and contents weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. When I weighed the box and its contents on my Uline digital scale, it weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. Again, just in your case, the seller claims that his responsibility stopped upon shipping.

So, if anyone on this board is potentially going to do a deal with someone in Houston, TX, feel free to PM me and I will give you the name of the person who ripped me off so that you can make sure you don't get ripped off too.

Edited by Ramsy, 22 March 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#3 Jimdyer

Jimdyer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

I just had the same thing happen to me by a seller in Houston, TX. I am wondering if we might have bought from the same person. Through another board, I recently purchased an Ikelite G12 case, wide angle adapter, Ikelite DS-51 strobe, flex arm and sync cable. Only the Ikelite case and wide angle adapter showed up. When I inquired about the strobe, flex arm and sync cable, he claims to have shipped the item. He claims that the box was tampered during shipping. However, the box showed no signs of tampering. Nor was the box big enough to fit the strobe. The postage on the box showed that the box and contents weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. When I weighed the box and its contents on my Uline digital scale, it weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. Again, just in your case, the seller claims that his responsibility stopped upon shipping.

So, if anyone on this board is potentially going to do a deal with someone in Houston, TX, feel free to PM me and I will give you the name of the person who ripped me off so that you can make sure you don't get ripped off too.

This is the same guy. Initials DS. He uses the login Hex Kraut on some of the boards. If anyone has information on this guy please call the postal inspectors office at 877-876-2455 and refer to case: CA103954008