30 replies to this topic

#1 Anders Nyberg

Anders Nyberg

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Technicaldiving and wreckdiving

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

I have made ​​a test dive with my Aquatica AD7000, all keys are working perfectly on land before the dive, when Im at 10m depth,... all the buttons on the back stop working?
managed some times to start "live view" but could not turn it off? It seems as if the "Metering Pattern Selector button (nr:22)" is pressed in all the time?...
Is it something I did wrong when I install the camera? any tips?
Best Regards Anders

#2 Joerg Trnka

Joerg Trnka

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

Dear Anders,

I had the same issue with mine. Using Live View under water wasn't possible, I switch on, but couldn't turn it off again. Even though it was working out of the water. I dropped a mail to Jean Bruneau at Aquatica.
They sent me the corrective parts last week. In order to identify what is causing the problem, they would need a picture of the inside of your housing.
I haven't been able to test it underwater. Will do so on Sunday and let you know.
Regards

Joerg

#3 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8366 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:41 AM

Sometimes these problems can be rectified by making sure that the camera is correctly positioned on the tray. Worth checking.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (waiting for housing).

#4 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

Same problem, at first I thought it was something I was doing. But after sitting in the shallows I found everything worked at 1-2 meters but past 2 meters everything froze up. But I could not figure out what button was causing the problem. Sent mine back to Backscatter, a week ago they were not sure where the problem was.

Joerg, was the "Metering Pattern Selector Button the problem with yours also? With mine everything would freeze but you could change the Mode, you could turn on Live View but not shoot video or take a picture in live mode and the camera would fire but just with whatever settings you had at the surface.

Edited by NWDiver, 31 May 2011 - 05:14 AM.

#5 Captain_Caveman

Captain_Caveman

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:19 AM

If all the buttons on the back stop working it sounds like one of them isn't springing back and locking the rest up.

Speak to Jean (on here), he's usually very quick to sort this sort of stuff out.

My Live View button sometimes stuck so they sent me out stronger springs and a new button assembly within a couple of days.

I use...

Canon 5d2
Aquatica Housing
8" Dome
Sigma 15mm
Sola lights

~ Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L - Canon 70-200 IS f/2.8 L - Canon 50 f/1.8 ~

~ Canon 350D - Canon G9 - Canon 430 EX ~

#6 Anders Nyberg

Anders Nyberg

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:20 AM

Hi
Could take some pictures but had to turn the camera off between the shots
really felt like you had an old fashioned film camera, haha
:)

#7 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Anders, Send me a picture of the inside of your housing showing the live view linkage at jean@aquatica.ca so I can take a look at the issue and I will get back to you ASAP with a solution.
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#8 Joerg Trnka

Joerg Trnka

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:36 AM

Dear NWDiver,

On mine the LiveView button was stuck. I have changed now the whole mechanism for the LiveView button. The only difference I have noticed was that the screw on which the knob for the LiveView button sits is a bit shorter.
Even though I had to play around a bit by tightening/ relaxing the screw till it was working smoothly.
BUT as I said: I haven't tested it underwater. This will come Sunday. (fingers crossed)
Regards

Joerg

#9 Anders Nyberg

Anders Nyberg

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Jean, I have sent picture to you.. :)

/A

#10 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

Got them thanks! will get back to you via PM

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#11 johnspierce

johnspierce

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:50 AM

This might be a dumb response but you did remove the rubber eye cup from the viewfinder before putting the camera in the housing?

John
Nikon D7000 | Aquatica Housing | Inon Z-240

#12 Anders Nyberg

Anders Nyberg

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

Yes :)

#13 NWDiver

NWDiver

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

FYI
Just spoke to Backscatter. They said it was the "shoot" Live View button that was the issue. It is being replaced and should be fine.

#14 Motek

Motek

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Photography & BeeR

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

I had the same problem. Live view wouldn't work from around 2 meters,then worked again after the dive . Jean sent me corrective parts super fast and ill be testing it on Saturday.

Mark
Nikon D7000 Aquatica Housing Ds 125 Strobes, Ultralight arms, Lenses: 10.5 , 60, 17-70, 105 VR, subsee +10 Sola 1200
www.mark-fuller.com

#15 mattdives

mattdives

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:23 PM

I have the same problem with the Aquatica D7000 housing. It stays stuck in live view. Once stuck, it won't shoot video, and it won't go back into still mode. It's apparently a problem with the housing. I emailed for help several times while on my dive trip, but didn't hear back with any tech support.

Edited by mattdives, 09 June 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#16 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

I have the same problem with the Aquatica D7000 housing. It stays stuck in live view. Once stuck, it won't shoot video, and it won't go back into still mode. It's apparently a problem with the housing. I emailed for help several times while on my dive trip, but didn't hear back with any tech support.

PM sent.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#17 Rainer

Rainer

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

PM sent.

Jean, mind commenting publicly on what appears to be a pretty significant issue with a pretty significant number of Aquatica D7000 housings? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on this housing, but want to know if this issue has been resolved yet. Thanks.

#18 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8366 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:26 AM

The power of forums!

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (waiting for housing).

#19 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1489 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Jean, mind commenting publicly on what appears to be a pretty significant issue with a pretty significant number of Aquatica D7000 housings? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on this housing, but want to know if this issue has been resolved yet. Thanks.

We have a production meeting on this Monday, I know engineering is looking into it, so as soon as I have info regarding this I will post, at this point it seem to point to tolerance being a hair to close and when pressure come into play, they become too tight. it look like a significant number, believe me, I feel a single case is a significant number, but according to serial number we have been collecting, its not a widespread issue, but a localized batch, then again as I said I will know more about it early next week and will respond officially on our website news page and to any individuals who contact me... Stay tuned.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

#20 sspeiser

sspeiser

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Exact same Live View problem for me. Partially resolved with new parts kit. Jean and Mauricio have been VERY responsive and diligent toward fully resolving the problem.
Steve

Edited by sspeiser, 12 June 2011 - 06:16 PM.