• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Kurtis

Ken Kurtis

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

FINALLY!!!! (This stuff always takes longer than I ever think it will . . . )

Days in the shooting!!! Weeks in the writing and tweaking!!!! But now available for public consumption.

See horses of the sea, fish that are frogs, and the famous Molting Crab of Bonaire:

BONAIRE 2011 PIX - http://www.reefseeke.....02011 pix.htm

Then read about flesh-craving mosquitoes, epic floods, tasty lasagna . . . and some diving too:

BONAIRE 2011 TRIP REPORT - http://www.reefseeke.....p report.html

Enjoy!!!

- Ken
Ken Kurtis
(Nikon D200 in an Ikelite housing w/dual YS-D1s & a GoPro Hero2 in a Backscatter housing w/dual Sola 1200s)
NAUI Instr. #5936 • Owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co. • Beverly Hills, CA
www.reefseekers.com

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 2987 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

epic floods,

Damn Ken, you used the F word. Scared me.

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 andy_deitsch

andy_deitsch

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

nice report Ken, thanks for taking the time to write it up. I was in Bonaire last September and really enjoyed it. We didn't stay at Buddy's but did use them to dive Salt Pier which was a great night dive.

Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7D, 2x Inon z240, Tokina 10-17, Canon 60mm
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...tos/andydeitsch

#4 Irregulator

Irregulator

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

Great pics and TR! The frogfish and molting crab were incredible. Heading to Buddy Dive in 11 days for our second visit there and third to the island. Stoked is an understatement.

We love Cactus Blue as well. Hagen has taken good care of us as well.

#5 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

Enjoyed the well written report, you covered everything in there. The molting arrow crab pics held my interest. How long before the shell hardens?
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#6 ARiley

ARiley

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Enjoyed your pics from Bonaire. Its been over 3 yrs since we were there last. The arrow crab molten is fantastic, never seen that.