Jump to content

- - - - -

Insurance for our gear- specialist or general?

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Will_Clark


    Moray Eel

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Location:Somerset, UK

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:38 AM

This question is mostly aimed at UK photographers as that is where I am from and these matters will be based on where we live.

I have met a few people who have said that they consider specialist underwater photography gear insurance unnecessary as they would claim on their home insurance if something was lost or damaged on a trip. This doesn't sound right to me, but insuring gear can be very expensive indeed. I've got a superior travel insurance package for my forthcoming trip that has a high 'personal effects' section, but with a limitation per item. My housing's worth is above this, for example.

What strategies to limit financial risk do you employ for your gear?