9 replies to this topic

#1 twinner

twinner

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

Pinnanobllis Gallery

I have no idea who this is. I found mine and many other Wetpixel members images on the site. I have already requested mine be taken off.

Todd
Todd Winner
www.toddwinner.com

#2 Bentoni

Bentoni

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Photojournalism, UW photography, travel, cigars

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Amazing that this person has labeled this collection of photos as "My Portfolio." Dozens of great photos though. The most troubling thing about it , however, is that he did not choose any of mine. :rolleyes:
See my work at:
www.randallbenton.com

#3 twinner

twinner

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Well my first response from google to take the site down was not what I expected. "It is unclear to us what the copyright issue is."
Let's see how response two is.
Todd Winner
www.toddwinner.com

#4 randapex

randapex

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

He's got a jellyfish shot of mine up. When I google that photo title, (Rand McMeins Transparent jelly), I get 44,000 hits. Sounds like I've got my work cut out for me...
Rand McMeins
Nikon D2X. Subal ND2. 2 Inon Z220S

Greenwaterimages

#5 twinner

twinner

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hi Rand, I hope google takes care of you faster and better than me.

Google did remove my image. I filled out the report violation link and had to email proof. I did email them back requesting the whole page be removed. We'll see what happens.
This is the third time I have found my images on a photo sharing site with links to order prints and down loads. I don't think there is much that can be done other than having the user shut down but if anyone knows please let me know.
Todd Winner
www.toddwinner.com

#6 Chriso

Chriso

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Google did remove my image. I filled out the report violation link and had to email proof. I did email them back requesting the whole page be removed. We'll see what happens.
This is the third time I have found my images on a photo sharing site with links to order prints and down loads. I don't think there is much that can be done other than having the user shut down but if anyone knows please let me know.

G'day Todd
Perhaps a more secure site to host your work might be the way to go. Just had a look at your current site and was able to download any image I liked in a matter of seconds....
As an example I am using Zenfolio at the moment and been very happy with the security they offer my work.

#7 jlyle

jlyle

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Well my first response from google to take the site down was not what I expected. "It is unclear to us what the copyright issue is."
Let's see how response two is.

Thanks for the heads up, Todd. Interesting that he's given credit to the photogs in the tag lines.

BTW, the owner of the website has great taste...
Olmpus OM-D EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with dual Sea and Sea YS D1 strobes
8mm, 12-50mm, 45mm lenses
My web page.

#8 jlyle

jlyle

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

Amazing that this person has labeled this collection of photos as "My Portfolio." Dozens of great photos though. The most troubling thing about it , however, is that he did not choose any of mine. :rolleyes:

Whoever it is has changed the title of the website to "Underwater Photography" instead of "My Portfolio."

I think these images came from a photocontest.
Olmpus OM-D EM-5 in a Nauticam housing with dual Sea and Sea YS D1 strobes
8mm, 12-50mm, 45mm lenses
My web page.

#9 underwatercolours

underwatercolours

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:skinny dipping, sailing, snow skiing, water skiing, art galleries, classic cars, flying

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

If you send a DMCA compliant cease & desist demand to the legal department at Picassa they will remove the content.

#10 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1567 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Whoever it is has changed the title of the website to "Underwater Photography" instead of "My Portfolio."

I think these images came from a photocontest.

Jim:
Many of them came from the LAUPS site as far as I can tell.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net