Photo
- - - - -

Using t/c with macro - what port extension?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wbk

wbk

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving.. and every so often diving and a little bit of photography thrown in.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

If someone that has tried it out could let me know what extra size port extensions they used that would help... If anyone using hugyfot and the canon 100mm f2.8 has tried the 1.4tc in particular could let me know as this is the rig i use.

Do i take a wile stab in the dark and guess you just measure the length of the t/c and add that one to it? It is just that i have not bought the tele con yet and was wondering if i needed to get another extension port or if i can manage with the ones i have... did you stick two an additional on to the one you use normally of do you have one just for it?

Any info much appreciated.
Canon 5DMkII, Hugyfot, Inon Z240 MkIV's, 100mm f2.8L, 17-40mm f4L

#2 jcclink

jcclink

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Do i take a wile stab in the dark and guess you just measure the length of the t/c and add that one to it? It is just that i have not bought the tele con yet and was wondering if i needed to get another extension port or if i can manage with the ones i have... did you stick two an additional on to the one you use normally of do you have one just for it?

Yes. My 1.4 TC measures 18mm in length, so I just add the 20mm extension ring that I already had to the flat macro port. I have a Nexus housing but it should be the same setup. Since the 100mm has a narrow angle of view a port setup that seems a bit too long shouldn't be a problem. Don't buy more parts than you really need.

Edited by jcclink, 25 June 2011 - 05:49 AM.

Nexus D300, 10-17mm, 12-24mm, 17-55mm, 60mm, 105mm VR
S&S YS110's & YS27's

#3 mwst

mwst

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:58 AM

Hm.... I am using the 60mm Canon, a 12mm Extensionring and the Kenko 1,4 DGX. The Port Extensionring i use is a 25mm !

Canon 500D and HugyFot housing with Inon Magnet Fokus Ports.

MwST