• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 decostanza

decostanza

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

I don't mean to derail this since it is about the Sola 600 and for that I apologize. As an update and because I've been curious... I've burned tested the 4000's about 2 times each on the following settings ( was told it would take a few cycles to get up to capacity.?.?) anyways... Pretty close to taking 160 min for a full charge from when they go out. Tests on Full power (setting 7) got me 52 min before they go out, Tests on setting 6, I got 54 min, testing on setting 5 got me 90min... just as an fyi...hope that helps those that are weighing burn times

Edited by decostanza, 25 January 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#22 Magrone

Magrone

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

My Sola 600 Just went out at the end of a dive and I can't seem to revive it. I have tried the tapping method and it gets three flashing red lights for about 4 seconds and then nothing. I have maybe used it on 30 dives and it has never been dropped or abused. The charger is fine, it's the light unit itself that has not come on since my dive. Any help?

#23 Magrone

Magrone

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

My Sola 600 Just went out at the end of a dive and I can't seem to revive it. I have tried the tapping method and it gets three flashing red lights for about 4 seconds and then nothing. I have maybe used it on 30 dives and it has never been dropped or abused. The charger is fine, it's the light unit itself that has not come on since my dive. Any help?

Still dead..... the red lights flash for about a minute after tapping now, but it never takes a charge. Occasionally when tapping the lights flash green for a little while before turning back to red. I bought this used ("barely used") so I can't just send it back. Please, any info would be appreciated.

#24 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Well if it is still unwarranty, I can't see why you can't return it? Even if it isn't, it might be worth your while to check with L&M.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#25 Magrone

Magrone

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well if it is still unwarranty, I can't see why you can't return it? Even if it isn't, it might be worth your while to check with L&M.

I checked with L&M and they said to return it to the dealer that I bought it from, but I bought it from a Wetpixel member.

#26 bvanant

bvanant

Giant Squid

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1580 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

I checked with L&M and they said to return it to the dealer that I bought it from, but I bought it from a Wetpixel member.

You can either send it back to L&M themselves through any dealer (it doesn't need to be the dealer where you bought it) or you can take it apart by unscrewing the front end and replace the battery pack yourself with 2 new batteries. This can be a bit fiddly to put back together so if you are uncomfortable with that kind of thing then send it back.
Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#27 Magrone

Magrone

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

You can either send it back to L&M themselves through any dealer (it doesn't need to be the dealer where you bought it) or you can take it apart by unscrewing the front end and replace the battery pack yourself with 2 new batteries. This can be a bit fiddly to put back together so if you are uncomfortable with that kind of thing then send it back.
Bill

Thanks Bill, I will try taking it to the local dealer.

#28 tdpriest

tdpriest

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2143 posts
  • Interests:Diving medicine, warm water, scenery...

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

Credit for this one actually goes to Pedro Dorta, who fixes broken electronic stuff in the Reef Photo service department.

He says that this isn't uncommon for microprocessor controlled electronics to go to sleep, and that a pulse of current will wake them.

The tappity-tap-tap trick replicates that pulse.

I'm glad that I found this: it happened to my Sola 600 over the weekend, and it now works again...

Tim