Eyes underwater

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wbk

wbk

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving.. and every so often diving and a little bit of photography thrown in.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

Any opinions appreciated...

Here is a couple from my Eyes underwater collections that i am doing...

Posted Image Day Octopus Eye by Bruno K, on Flickr

Posted Image Spider Conch Eye by Bruno K, on Flickr
Canon 5DMkII, Hugyfot, Inon Z240 MkIV's, 100mm f2.8L, 17-40mm f4L

#2 Caspir

Caspir

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Such a nice shots..Thanks for sharing it here.
For all your needs and queries related to debt and to plan your monthly budget according to your income Debt Budget Calculator plays an important role.

#3 TightLines

TightLines

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Very nice, would love to see the full collection.

#4 Steen Nissen

Steen Nissen

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Very nice shots !
I'm also doing a collection of eyes, but I have a problem with my strobe being reflected in the eyes. I have tried to position my strobes in many diferent ways. I can minimize the reflection, but I can't completely get rid of it.
Do you have the same problem ?

Steen

#5 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Eyes Underwater sounds like a great idea for a collection and it looks like you've got some nice shots. Look forward to seeing more.

Mike

#6 Eddy19

Eddy19

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

Its really hard to shot them from so near, really nice stuff.

#7 wbk

wbk

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving.. and every so often diving and a little bit of photography thrown in.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:34 PM

Very nice shots !
I'm also doing a collection of eyes, but I have a problem with my strobe being reflected in the eyes. I have tried to position my strobes in many diferent ways. I can minimize the reflection, but I can't completely get rid of it.
Do you have the same problem ?

Steen

sorry been away a bit.. Yep, the strobe reflection can be a pain but i find there are a few ways to get round it, though they don't always work. Try Edge lighting the subject (the way Martin Edge describes it (and just a coincidence of naming!)) Basically you have your strobes turned almost back towards you so it is just the outer edge of the strobe that is lighting your subject (also works great for getting dark background shots too). Oddly enough i also find when trying to shoot some fish's eyes up close, especially with fish like the crocodile fish i actually find making sure the strobes are pointed straight at the subject means i get less diffracting of the light on the eye itself, quite often it almost looks like there is a multi-coloured finger print across the centre of the eye if i try to cross light it.

I am a long way from being an expert and there are some great photographers on here that can tell you much better ways of doing it, all i would say is just keep on experimenting till you find something that works best but you will definitely need different methods depending on the type of eye.

Viz is really pants at the mo, but hopefully will have some more soon, will post some more if i get them, always good to get feedback on them. Thanks for the positive feedback so far!
Canon 5DMkII, Hugyfot, Inon Z240 MkIV's, 100mm f2.8L, 17-40mm f4L