• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Kurtis

Ken Kurtis

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

Well, I didn't actually fly it (their pilot did) but you get the idea . . .

Nice plane. Had heard rumors that they'd enforce their posted-on-their-website carry-on limit of 7kg (15lbs) which would have been a HUGE problem as my camera carry-on is 37 pounds. Fortunately, wasn't even remotely an issue.

We were on the upper deck (2/3/2). I liked that a bit better than the main deck (3/4/3) but there are pluses and minues to both. (But they definitely should have put in more bathrooms. Only two for each of the four economy sections so almost always a line.) One advanatge of the upper deck if you've got a window seat (or aisle next to the window seat) is there are small additional storage cubbies between the seat and the window. Very convenient.

Here are some quickie pix if interested. Hit 'slideshow" when you get to the landing page:

http://kenkurtis.smu...6401367_gkRN75N

- Ken

Edited by Ken Kurtis, 03 July 2011 - 01:54 PM.

Ken Kurtis
(Nikon D200 in an Ikelite housing w/dual YS-D1s & a GoPro Hero2 in a Backscatter housing w/dual Sola 1200s)
NAUI Instr. #5936 • Owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co. • Beverly Hills, CA
www.reefseekers.com

#2 troporobo

troporobo

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

I love flying with SQ. I take one of their long-haul flights monthly on the A380, and am so fortunate that work pays for business class. It is definitely one of the best in-flight experiences anywhere! I've also never had a luggage issue with this airline, regardless of class, I suspect their per-passenger weight estimates may be higher than most so they can relax a bit

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2840 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

Just stumbled on your post and photos URL. I once used my FF miles for first class to Singapore on my way to Lembeh and loved the Singapore Airlines experience. I was very disappointed to recently hear that Singapore Air is no longer a partner of Delta Airlines which is the airline that I have most of my FF miles with. Never the less, from your pics, it still appears that economy class is typical of the packed like sardines approach by all airlines.
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.