2 replies to this topic

#1 bottomdweller

bottomdweller

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong when trying to set my custom white balance on the sony nex5 underwater? I am going through the correct procedure (have done it successfully on land) but keep getting an error when underwater: Custom WB error and either M6 or M9. I don't know what this means or what I am doing wrong.

Help!

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Orca

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1456 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

Hi All,

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong when trying to set my custom white balance on the sony nex5 underwater? I am going through the correct procedure (have done it successfully on land) but keep getting an error when underwater: Custom WB error and either M6 or M9. I don't know what this means or what I am doing wrong.

Help!

If you are trying this at depth, the camera is telling you that your white card looks blue since there is no red light and the camera can not set the white balance to that level. Firstly just take your card down, and shoot it at depth with your strobe and use raw. In LR use the eyedropper to set the color temp to that white. Otherwise, take a good torch/focus light with you and shine it on the white card, that should work but is way too much PITA to do all the time. Just shoot in raw and shoot the card occasionally.

Bill

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

#3 Colin Snow

Colin Snow

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

I came across this work around as well

Colin