1 reply to this topic

#1 ruseyrek

ruseyrek

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

Hi,

I need help deciding which lens to get for my Ike - D300 set-up.
I already have the Tokina 10-17 and also the Sigma 10-20 but don't really like the Sigma topside.
I was wondering if I replaced the Sigma 10-20 with a Tokina 12-24 maybe I can use it both underwater and topside.

any suggestions will be appreciated

thanks

#2 diverdave1

diverdave1

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hi,

I need help deciding which lens to get for my Ike - D300 set-up.
I already have the Tokina 10-17 and also the Sigma 10-20 but don't really like the Sigma topside.
I was wondering if I replaced the Sigma 10-20 with a Tokina 12-24 maybe I can use it both underwater and topside.

any suggestions will be appreciated

thanks

I have been using the Sigma 10-20 underwater and above for 5 years in an Ike housing. You will not gain much but going only a few millimeters longer except having a lighter wallet. The image quality of the 10-20 is excellent. The one drawback is if you are shooting into the sun you can get a lot of reflection of the grooves in the front facing part of the lens between the glass and the filter threads. You will want to put either some black felt or flat black construction paper over this to avoid the reflections. IMHO you have the worlds best wide angle zoom already with the 10-17.