3 replies to this topic

#1 antacid

antacid

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hi guys,

I went to a recent shootout and saw what it's like to have a external viewfinder. So now I'm shopping for a 45 degree one that would fit on my Ikelite 60D housing. I would prefer a VF that can be used on a variety of housings as I intend to get a Nauticam housing in future.

Any recommendations, and which adapters I need to get to have them fit on the Ikelite housing? I would prefer not to have any permanent modifications made to both housing and VF.

Thanks in advance!
www.colouredshots.com
Kodak disposable film camera

"I use lousy equipment. I charge very high rates."

#2 blibecap

blibecap

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

I make Viewfinder adapters for ikelite housings.

Here is a link to the Inon adapter. http://uwcamerastuff.com/inon.htm

If you decide on a different viewfinder, I can also make a adapter for that.

Hi guys,

I went to a recent shootout and saw what it's like to have a external viewfinder. So now I'm shopping for a 45 degree one that would fit on my Ikelite 60D housing. I would prefer a VF that can be used on a variety of housings as I intend to get a Nauticam housing in future.

Any recommendations, and which adapters I need to get to have them fit on the Ikelite housing? I would prefer not to have any permanent modifications made to both housing and VF.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh
http://www.UwCameraStuff.com
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.

#3 jackdiver

jackdiver

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

The Inon 45 deg viewfinder fits just fine on nauticam housings using an adaptor. No permanent modifications needed.
Nikon D7000, Nauticam housing, YS-110 x 2.

#4 ckchong

ckchong

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

basically inon and nauticam VF is more popular in the market and it u can easily find the adapter for your housing....i believe have adapter for others housing too.... my choice if got budget "NAUTICAM" low budget "INON"...bothe are very got VF