4 replies to this topic

#1 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:45 AM

Hi guys,
quick question about the dome which I currently have on order. I am off on a liveaboard in a weeks time and am wanting to get a port cover ordered before my housing and dome arrives, and had settled on one of the Hoodie Lens Caps (www.lenscoat.com), but need to know what the external diameter of the dome is so I can determine what size i need. Also what is the diameter of the stock port in case I can use the same cover with both ports?
Cheers
Dave

#2 Jesper64

Jesper64

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

Give Zen an email from their website, they've replied quickly to my queries. Also the Lens Coat Hoodies are quite stretchy and if you can I'd try one in store with your dome rather than just buying based on measurements. I bought one for my Macro port and thought I'd need a small size but ended up going for two sizes bigger when I was in store as it still fit snugly and was longer giving more protection of the port.

#3 Aquapaul

Aquapaul

Sting Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Photography above and below the waves.

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Give Zen an email from their website, they've replied quickly to my queries. Also the Lens Coat Hoodies are quite stretchy and if you can I'd try one in store with your dome rather than just buying based on measurements. I bought one for my Macro port and thought I'd need a small size but ended up going for two sizes bigger when I was in store as it still fit snugly and was longer giving more protection of the port.

It comes with a plastic one which isn't the best. I would say four inches should do it. I had a Zen dome for a Pen for a while.
Paul Chase

----}<))))"> ----------}<))))'>
-----------}<)))))))))*>

#4 Ryan

Ryan

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

I'd be curious to know what hood hat fits well, I haven't tried any. The outside diameter of the shade is 118mm.

We also make a neoprene cover to protect the dome glass as an accessory:

http://reefphoto.com...roducts_id=4976

founder of Reef Photo & Video
manufacturer of Zen Domes

distributor of Nauticam in the Americas

n2theblue at reefphoto.com

#5 solenostomus

solenostomus

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:05 PM

Would anyone know if there's a manufacturer in the UK that makes a port cover for the WA-100-EP dome port?