#1 StephenFrink

StephenFrink

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:11 AM

cvr_1.jpg

The newest issue of Alert Diver is now printed and in the mail to DAN members. For an electronic preview of the print magazine please visit http://www.alertdiver.com and click on magazine icon upper right to launch flipbook version.

Included are articles on the Philippines, Tulum, Catalina, and Bermuda; Ernie Brooks portfolio, blue water photo techniques, ghost pipefish, and of course the medicine and diver safety articles for which DAN is noted.

Hope you enjoy.
Stephen Frink - www.stephenfrinkphoto.com
Publisher - Alert Diver Magazine
Distributor/North America - Seacamusa.com
Travel - Waterhousetours.com

#2 johnspierce

johnspierce

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hi Stephen,

The new issue of Alert Diver looks great, I have really enjoyed the content over the past year or so after the format changed. I am a member of DAN, so I get the print version delivered to me, but I wanted to make a comment on the digital version.

On my Macbook Pro, the digital version delivered using the Flipping Book publishing product works very well. Table of contents, search and zoom all work well and it's very crisp.

On the iPad however, the experience is much less desirable. All of the bottom-of-the-screen menu controls are unavailable and although you can double-tap to zoom, it's very fuzzy and hard to read in contrast to the Mac experience. Even when I flip the iPad to vertical single page viewing, the text is still fuzzy.

Since I use my iPad for most of my magazine and article reading, I thought I would mention the problems with Flipping Book.

Thanks,
John

Edited by johnspierce, 09 August 2011 - 06:32 AM.

Nikon D800 | Aquatica Housing | Inon Z-240

#3 StephenFrink

StephenFrink

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hi Stephen,

The new issue of Alert Diver looks great, I have really enjoyed the content over the past year or so after the format changed. I am a member of DAN, so I get the print version delivered to me, but I wanted to make a comment on the digital version.

On my Macbook Pro, the digital version delivered using the Flipping Book publishing product works very well. Table of contents, search and zoom all work well and it's very crisp.

On the iPad however, the experience is much less desirable. All of the bottom-of-the-screen menu controls are unavailable and although you can double-tap to zoom, it's very fuzzy and hard to read in contrast to the Mac experience. Even when I flip the iPad to vertical single page viewing, the text is still fuzzy.

Since I use my iPad for most of my magazine and article reading, I thought I would mention the problems with Flipping Book.

Thanks,
John

John - Thanks for your comments. We have an entirely different iPad solution in mind for you and all who wish to view Alert Diver on tablets. Stand by to stand by for our next issue.

iPad_Print.JPG
Stephen Frink - www.stephenfrinkphoto.com
Publisher - Alert Diver Magazine
Distributor/North America - Seacamusa.com
Travel - Waterhousetours.com

#4 johnspierce

johnspierce

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Thanks Stephen!

I'm holding two thumbs up, you just can't see them :) As I said, great issue, love the imaging section this month.

John

Nikon D800 | Aquatica Housing | Inon Z-240