Photo

Anyone used the G11 OEM housing past 40m/130feet?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MitHere

MitHere

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi guys
Going to the Blue Hole tomorrow and I wanna know if any of you have used your WP-DC34 housings past the manufacter's rating of 40m.
The dive goes to 40m max apparently and then ascends from there.
I'm wondering if I should risk taking the housing down.
UW - Canon Powershot G11 with Inon D4 baseplate, arms, Inon LE240, dual Inon S2000s, Inon lens caddy, dual Inon stackable macros, Dyron 67mm adaptor and Dyron 0.3x WA lens.
Topside - Camera with Lensmate 72mm adaptor and holder, 72mm Kenko Pro1D circular polariser and Velbon Sherpa 435R.

#2 Stoo

Stoo

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Pure guess, but I suspect it will stay dry, but you might have a little trouble with sticky controls...

#3 Joerg Trnka

Joerg Trnka

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:16 AM

Dear MitHere,

I was previously using Canon G11 with WP-DC34. I took mine down several times to app. 50m (Wreck Lina Croatia).
Everything stayed dry. The only problem which arises is, that when you come close to 40m the buttons are not working anymore.
Cheers
Joerg

#4 DuncanS

DuncanS

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

Dear MitHere,

I was previously using Canon G11 with WP-DC34. I took mine down several times to app. 50m (Wreck Lina Croatia).
Everything stayed dry. The only problem which arises is, that when you come close to 40m the buttons are not working anymore.
Cheers
Joerg

Not the same camera but i have taken a canon housing for a570is to 70m. Camera stayed dry, but as above buttons stop working at about 45m.Shutter still worked though, so set up camera before hitting deeper depths.

Duncan
Duncan

RedSeaSnapper.com