2 replies to this topic

#1 londonsean69

londonsean69

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Photography, Building a kit car, Pub

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

I am really struggling with lighting when using my mini dome :) Especially when shooting stuff right on the dome. I seem to be getting hotspots, and find it exceptionally difficult to evenly light a subject.

Does anybody have any pointers? I have tried dialling down the power and having them right next to the shade, out a bit, out further etc.
The vis out here (Bahrain) can be very soupy at times, lots of particles in the water.

It's an Ikelite housing, UWCamerastuff mini-dome (5") with 2x S&S YS110. I have 2 segment arms, so can use just one or two segments. I currently have the diffusers on all the time.

Thanks for any pointers

Sean
Toys - D90, Tokina 10-17, 60 macro, 105 macro, Ike housing, 2xYS110

#2 Deep6

Deep6

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

I am really struggling with lighting when using my mini dome :) Especially when shooting stuff right on the dome. I seem to be getting hotspots, and find it exceptionally difficult to evenly light a subject.

Does anybody have any pointers? I have tried dialling down the power and having them right next to the shade, out a bit, out further etc.
The vis out here (Bahrain) can be very soupy at times, lots of particles in the water.

It's an Ikelite housing, UWCamerastuff mini-dome (5") with 2x S&S YS110. I have 2 segment arms, so can use just one or two segments. I currently have the diffusers on all the time.

Thanks for any pointers

Sean

Check out Mike's CFWA article here on WP.
Near and Far

Bob

Carpe carp - Seize the carp

#3 londonsean69

londonsean69

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Photography, Building a kit car, Pub

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

Check out Mike's CFWA article here on WP.
Near and Far

Bob

Why oh why did I not think of searching for CFWA articles?

Thank you :)

Edited by londonsean69, 12 August 2011 - 10:04 AM.

Toys - D90, Tokina 10-17, 60 macro, 105 macro, Ike housing, 2xYS110