3 replies to this topic

#1 Devilray

Devilray

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hi

I use me ikelite DS-125 strobe with fiber optic adapter with nikon D200.

But I have some problem with my strobe, my strobe sometimes does not fire with adapter. Do you have any solution ?

Best wishes.

#2 Bent C

Bent C

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

A general problem with using optical connection and ttl is slow recharging of internal flashes. That can easily lead to the perception that your strobes doesn´t work, while in reality it is the onboard flash that hash´t recharged yet. Could that be the problem? A possible solution is to go manual and set the onboard flash to it´s lowest setting (on my camera 1/128th). Onboard flashes will with such settings be recharged way before your strobes and strobes will be able to fire when they are ready.

Regards

Bent

Hi

I use me ikelite DS-125 strobe with fiber optic adapter with nikon D200.

But I have some problem with my strobe, my strobe sometimes does not fire with adapter. Do you have any solution ?

Best wishes.

Bent Christensen
Nauticam and Canon 7D
http://bentmedia.me

#3 Hory

Hory

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I got my Ikelite fiber optic adapter for my DS161. First time around it fires. Second and succeeding time it doesn't fire anymore. I installed the Ike EV manual controller and my strobe fires consistently. Looks like a failed adapter?

#4 Gudge

Gudge

Tiger Shark

• Team Wetpixel
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

There's more information on the correct use of these in this thread:

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=39036

Edited by Gudge, 29 October 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Canon 7D, Nauticam NA-7D housing, 2 x Inon Z240, 1 x Inon S2000, Tokina 10-17 & 12-24, Sigma 17-70 Macro, Tokina 35 macro, Canon 60 & 100 macro, Tamron 2X & Kenko 1.X Teleconverters.