3 replies to this topic

#1 Devilray

Devilray

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

Hi

I use me ikelite DS-125 strobe with fiber optic adapter with nikon D200.

But I have some problem with my strobe, my strobe sometimes does not fire with adapter. Do you have any solution ?

Best wishes.

#2 Bent C

Bent C

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

A general problem with using optical connection and ttl is slow recharging of internal flashes. That can easily lead to the perception that your strobes doesnīt work, while in reality it is the onboard flash that hashīt recharged yet. Could that be the problem? A possible solution is to go manual and set the onboard flash to itīs lowest setting (on my camera 1/128th). Onboard flashes will with such settings be recharged way before your strobes and strobes will be able to fire when they are ready.

Regards

Bent

Hi

I use me ikelite DS-125 strobe with fiber optic adapter with nikon D200.

But I have some problem with my strobe, my strobe sometimes does not fire with adapter. Do you have any solution ?

Best wishes.

Bent Christensen
Nauticam and Canon 7D
http://bentmedia.me

#3 Hory

Hory

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

I got my Ikelite fiber optic adapter for my DS161. First time around it fires. Second and succeeding time it doesn't fire anymore. I installed the Ike EV manual controller and my strobe fires consistently. Looks like a failed adapter?

#4 Gudge

Gudge

Tiger Shark

• Team Wetpixel
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

There's more information on the correct use of these in this thread:

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=39036

Edited by Gudge, 29 October 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Canon 7D MkII, Nauticam NA-7DMKII housing, 2 x Inon Z240, 2 x Ikelite DS160, Tokina 10-17, Canon 60 & 100 macro, Sigma 150 macro, Kenko 1.X Teleconverters.

UW Photo Courses