• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scuba_cfc

scuba_cfc

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

I saw a couple of old Ikelite SS200 strobes lying around and was wondering if I could use this with my Sea and Sea Canon 50D housing? I only plan to use it in manual mode for wide angle work. What cords would I need to connect it to the 5-pin Nikonos bulkhead on the housing? Thanks

#2 mcd2000

mcd2000

Triggerfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:56 AM

I saw a couple of old Ikelite SS200 strobes lying around and was wondering if I could use this with my Sea and Sea Canon 50D housing? I only plan to use it in manual mode for wide angle work. What cords would I need to connect it to the 5-pin Nikonos bulkhead on the housing? Thanks

You need the #4104.32 dual manual cord.
Thanks
Tom Harman
Marine Camera Distributors

#3 Rocha

Rocha

Salty Dog

• Senior Moderator
  • 3072 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

Yes, you can use them in manual mode as long as you use the manual cord. If you use a TTL cord they won't fire, even if you set them and the camera to manual.

Luiz Rocha - www.luizrocha.com
Nikon D800, Aquatica AD800, Ikelite strobes.

#4 Pfuller

Pfuller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

I use dual SS200's with an Ikelite 50D housing and TTL dual sync cord and use them in manual without a problem.

If you end up not using them and want to offload the batteries give me a yell :)