Love the lighting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DerekB

DerekB

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Freediving, climbing, gymnastics, hiking, Shark diving, photography, mnt boarding, surf photography.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Been attempting to rig up some dive strobes to my surf housing, using fiber optic sync. Wasn't sure what would happen. But I'm pretty pleased so far,

Test # 3

Posted Image

The result was good enough for me to modify the housing with a more reliable set up other then foam and gorilla tape.

#2 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Been attempting to rig up some dive strobes to my surf housing, using fiber optic sync. Wasn't sure what would happen. But I'm pretty pleased so far,

Test # 3

Posted Image

The result was good enough for me to modify the housing with a more reliable set up other then foam and gorilla tape.

Really nice shot. Many of the surf housing folks are now offering housings with the addition of being able to house speedguns too. Thinking of upgrading my Liquid Eye system to include this...

Cheers,
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -

#3 DerekB

DerekB

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:Freediving, climbing, gymnastics, hiking, Shark diving, photography, mnt boarding, surf photography.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

Really nice shot. Many of the surf housing folks are now offering housings with the addition of being able to house speedguns too. Thinking of upgrading my Liquid Eye system to include this...

Cheers,
Mark.

Thanks, I'm hoping that the dive strobes will give me more options as far as syncing multiple strobes together in the future.

#4 CamDiver

CamDiver

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1103 posts
  • Interests:Filming and documentary production. Beach and surf photography. Family time, isolated beaches and walking the dog.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:54 AM

Thanks, I'm hoping that the dive strobes will give me more options as far as syncing multiple strobes together in the future.

I'm just a tad concerned that you get into some sets that may be pretty big, those expensive strobes on I take it articulated arms, in the surf? Could be problematic?

Best of luck with it though and looking forward to the results.

Cheers,
Mark.

The Sharks of the Forgotten Islands

- A Natural History Documentary -