Photo
- - - - -

Shark escapes from being turned into soup!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10644 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

A blacktip sharks wriggles out of a bag to open sea and freedom in Pattaya, Thailand. I'm not sure how true this since the reporting is highly erroneous (such as fins are used as an aphrodisiac or sex food, which it is not seen as such!) At least there are people making the effort to stop them in a small scale.

Shark freed!

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#2 xariatay

xariatay

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Wonderful effort! They got a almost full page in Singapore's Straits Times! http://wildsingapore...ory-in-bid.html
Help End the slaugther of Dolphins in Taiji! Petition Site
G9, UN macro lens (MIA in Buyat Bay), no strobe. My Dive Blog

#3 Scubaskeeter

Scubaskeeter

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

Nicely done Drew, to keep the topic in front of all that care. One shark saved is, hopefully, 6 pups born later!!

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hope folk are keeping track of the shark fin controversy taking place in San Francisco. Now proponents for shark finning are saying that a ban would be equal to social and religious discrimination. What a bunch of hog wash.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.